Aftermath of Umbara (Part 3)

--IN THE PROCESS OF BEING REWRITTEN--

I'm am sooooo sorry for holding up the final aftermath :O

Okay, so the thing is, this isn't the last part of this fic, oh no. We're just getting started man. She has a whole lot of darkness to dispel to find balance, and this isn't gonna take a week lmao. This is gonna take a loooong time. But luckily, she has her family. Bold italicized is the Son, italicized is Ahsoka's thoughts

She opened her eyes and scrambled back as far as she could. She saw her brothers, their concern plainly sitting on their faces. For her. They care about her, just as she cared about them. After all, they were an allit, a family.

"Kid? Are you alright?" Rex said as he slowly crouched down, his voice replicating someone who's trying to lure out an injured tooka.

She stared at him, almost unseeing as she realized all the horror was in her head. She barely felt the slight sting of the slap anymore, too wrapped up in her own head.

Not all of it.

Fuck. Of course, you had to be here.

I will always be here.

She slammed his voice in a box in her head, shielding himself from her thoughts. He let her, knowing that he could strike some other time. After all, the darkness only grows. And although his sister was with his puppet, she is weaker right now. The only thing she could do was argue and plead with her brother to change his mind. But he wouldn't. Even Morai, that dumb chicken he wanted to crush with his bare hands always tried to stop him. Maybe he should've eaten that convor for messing with him when they were on Mortis.

Ahsoka was surprised, to say the least. He would've usually fought back, but with some invisible help (she thinks it was the Daughter or Morai but she wasn't sure) he would be quiet behind closed shields.

"Commander?" Fives asked again. She hadn't responded, staring at the wall ahead without even blinking. It started to creep him out because she was never that still.

She seemed to have heard it this time because she blinked once, all of the cloudiness in her eyes disappearing in an instant. She realized she was on the ground, and immediately stood up, brushing off invisible dust off her clothes like she hadn't been crying and was actually sitting on the ground for a good reason. The tear-stained tracks were still evident on her cheeks, under the dim light of the mess hall. 

"What are you guys doing here?" she asked them. She hoped that they only just came, not seeing her little incident. As she wiped her eyes free of the tears, her prayers weren't answered.

"We were worried about you. You weren't in your bunk and we found you sitting here, unresponsive," Kix said.

Ahsoka moved to sit at a bench. The clones followed, Rex and Fives flanking her with Echo, Kix, and Jesse sitting in front of her. "Oh, I was? I was just thinking about...you know."

They all knew what she was talking about.

"You know it's not your fault right, commander?" Echo whispered. 

Yes, it is.

"It is Echo.  I wasn't fast enough to save all of you! Yes, too slow to see it. I was too blind to see he was using the dark side! Too weak to sense it. I didn-

"Commander, none of this is your fault," Jesse cut in as he laid a hand over hers, "it's the demagolka [monster]." 

"But your brothers-" Ahsoka whimpered.

Are dead.

-would never blame you for their deaths." Fives declared, scooting closer to wrap an arm around Ahsoka's shoulders.

Lies. They will only stop when you avenge them. Accept me, and I will give you enough power to make sure that you could prevent harm from coming to your brothers. Ahsoka pushed the voice away, trying to live in the moment. Looks like her shields didn't really work.

"And you vod'ika, have already done everything you could," Rex said as he wrapped his arm around Fives and Ahsoka.  His hand rested above Jesse's and Ahsoka, a small comfort to the togruta.

No, you haven't. You have seen what would've happened if I didn't help you.

"Hardcase lives because of you. Fewer brothers died because of you." Kix added, adding his hand to the three.

"You comforted each one of us." Echo placed a hand over Kix's hand.

"I bet it was you who gave us a good sleep." Jesse put out. She gave a small smile, and the rest of them shook their heads. She was too selfless for her own good.

"Now it's our turn to comfort you." Fives finished, placing his hand on top of everyone's. Surrounded by her brothers, she let a tear slip. In the dim light, no one could see it, but they felt something shift in the air, the tension dissipating as Ahsoka finally acknowledged the fact that this was the way life was. 

But she wasn't really ready to share her burden of the darkness just yet. She didn't want to hurt any more people. 

Before she shut her eyes, the last thing that ran through her sluggish mind was

You will soon be mine.

Then the call of sleep and her brother's promise to always watch over her lulled her into the peaceful darkness.

It's short. I know it's short. What else was I supposed to add?

I know, Morai isn't a chicken. I saw this picture though and it was really funny. And I thought it should be a little light-hearted in the beginning.

There will be more :D But you'll never know when >:)