Ch 13

I woke up, still in the hospital bed, but no one was in the room. I turned on the T.V and searched for the news. Once I put it on, I couldn't believe what I saw.
"There seems to be a break in the path." The man on the T.V pointed to were everything was destroyed in the U.S. "As you can see here, this end Of the world has chosen a different path. It stopped heading west, and now it's heading north." The man said before I turned it off. "Oh my gosh. If we're lucky, we may be the only state left..in the world." I said to myself. I started to cry. "I wish this never happened." I thought. "I miss home. I miss my friends. I love Jace, but this is the world we're talking about." My mind kept spinning. I didn't know what to think. I heard my heart meter or whatever it's called beep faster and faster as I kept stressing myself out. I just laid down in bed and closed my eyes. I didn't sleep, just rested. A tear glided down my cheek, but before I could wipe it away, I felt a hand softly wipe it away. I thought it was my mom, but I opened my eyes to see Luke standing there. I sat up quickly. "What're you doing?" I asked. He paused, not saying anything for a brief second. " Just thought I'd come in and check on you... How are you doing?" I stared at him for a second before talking. "Better. I'm kinda just shaken up. Will you..um maybe stay with me for awhile?" He smiled but that smile quickly faded when a new thought came to his mind. "What about Jace? I can go get him for you?" I thought about it. "Um.. No actually. It's ok. I want you." He sat down a little confused. But I laid down on my pillow and closed my eyes. He put his arm around me and stroked my hair. It did seem wrong, since I didn't like him like that. But at this point, I didn't care. I was scared and scarred. I needed someone..anyone. I heard the door knob twist and I jerked up. My mom came in to see how I was doing. "Hi sweetie....are you....feeling better?" She asked concerned. "I just want to go home." I complained. She gave me a sympathetic look. I knew it would never happen. I just wanted to make sure. "Hon you get to leave the hospital today. Are you happy?" I paused processing my thoughts.
"Where are we supposed to go?"
My mom kind of smirked when I said that. So I knew she had a plan up her sleeve. "You'll see" was all she said. After my mom and Luke left, I got dressed. My mom went out and got me new clothes. Obviously when there's a crisis like this, and nobody's around then you don't have to pay for stuff. I brushed my teeth, and combed my hair. I looked it the mirror.
I didn't look awful. My black eye was still there, but not as bad. My swollen lip was gone and my nose wasn't bloody anymore. The nurses gave me some medicine for my cut, and that's healing up. I smiled to see how I'd look. After I'd gotten tired of looking at myself, I walked out of the room to where my mom and the rest were. As soon as they all saw me, they came running to hug me. "Ow" was all I could mumble.
"Careful! Careful! She's still sore." My mom said. I smiled and they backed away. I hugged my shoulders and shrugged. Today we were heading out. I got to leave the hospital and we'd be off on our journey...again. This time we were going farther than this place, but still in Hawaii. I didn't want to keep going from place to place. I just wanted to settle down somewhere and live a somewhat normal life. But that wouldn't happen.
My mom checked me out and we left. First to go find a car, and second to drive off to our "already planned" destination. I honestly don't know how my mom does this.
We were on the road again, for about the fifth time now, heading to our new destination. It took 20 minutes, but it seemed like an hour. I stared out the window the whole time, while everyone else talked. "Honey this isn't like you. Why aren't you talking?" I guess I didn't hear my mom talking because she was trying to snap me out of my daze. "Anna!" I turned toward her while everyone stared at me. "Wha-what? Sorry mom..I guess I'm just well..out of it." I heard my brother snicker from the back. "Obviously." When we arrived, I got out to look around.
" Get used to it because this is permanent."

My mom said.
It was beautiful. It seemed like a mansion, that you'd see in a movie. There wasn't anything to unpack, so I was the first to walk inside. It smelled like a new house smell. Which basically consisted of wood and paint. I don't really know why I notice the smells of every place.
I ran up the stairs to all the rooms. There were eight total. I went into the first room, and I didn't like it, so I kept going through all the rooms until I reached the last room. It was perfect. The walls were a smooth, teal, blue, my favorite color. There was a giant window with a walk-out balcony. It wasn't huge, but it was one of those small balconies. It was still gorgeous. The bed was against the wall across from the window, and it had a dark brown headboard and footboard. But the bedding was the best part. I was so shocked to think that it was true. It was a picture of all my friends from home, and me on it. I started crying and I hugged it. My mom knew it was my favorite picture. I had a locket around my neck that I'd been carrying since we left. It had that picture of it.
I stroked my best friend's picture while I laid on the bed. I missed her so much. Her name was Alice. She'd been my best friend since we were in kindergarten.
It almost seemed as if my mom had planned this room to be for me. I opened the closet. All of my clothes were in there from home. I couldn't believe it.
I ran downstairs to my mom. "Mom my room is beautiful. Did you plan this?"
She smiled and nodded her head. I thanked her with a hug. I was tired. It was only 3:00 in the afternoon, but I wanted to sleep. Especially in my new bed.
I changed into my panda pajamas. They pants were purple, and soft. My shirt was a tank top, with an animated panda head on the front. I hopped into my bed. The sheets felt cool on my legs and it felt good. I snuggled into the softness of my blankets and closed my eyes.
I dreamt of amazing things. I dreamt I met Alice again, that my life was back to normal, only with a small change. Jace was my boyfriend. I smiled as I thought of this happening.
And with that, I fell asleep.