Ch 7

20 minutes had past and we landed in an island somewhere in Hawaii. When we could leave, I jumped up and made a big stretch. It felt so good. I needed a major shower. I felt gross with my scraggly hair and unwashed face, but I didn't really care. I was only a little embarrassed that Jace had to see me like this. But his perfect smile reassured me that he didn't care. I figured I should ask my mom about getting clean someplace. "Hey mom do you think we could go somewhere to take showers and clean up?" "Already on it sweetie. I booked a hotel just around the block." My mom is awesome. She's always prepared for times like this. We walked off the plane, into the cool, loud airport that smelled like coffee, and too many foods cooking at once. Finally we walked into the bright, warm sunshine and I couldn't help but close my eyes to soak it up for a second. I opened and looked at my mom. "Mom? Do they have hair brushes and toothbrushes at the hotel?" "Haha I already packed some in my bag hon". I kept following my mom until we reached the hotel. I turned around and was shocked to see that Jace, Luke, and everyone else had followed us. I didn't think they still needed our help, but I knew my brothers did. Hah. We came to the hotel and it was beautiful. It looked fairly new. It had glossy, beige walls, a bright crimson carpet leading in. And the big glass doors were beautiful. We walked in and it was even prettier in here. It had that "hotel smell" that I don't know why I liked so much. It was the smell of hotel food, and chlorine. Great mix.