Ch 9

I woke up to a rumbling noise. I jerked up from my bed. I slowly got up and looked in the hall. I breathed a sigh of relief. "Just the cleaning lady". I whispered. I felt groggy. I didn't see my mom in her bed. I didn't really think much of it as I walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. "Ew" I murmured to myself. I had bags under my eyes and my eyes were a little red. My teeth felt slimy and I could feel the nasty morning breath in my mouth. I dampened my face with water and washed it quickly. I grabbed my toothbrush and some toothpaste and stuck it in my mouth. I usually brush for about 4 minutes just to be sure they're clean. And my baggy eyes? I put a little concealer over them and called it good. I finished getting ready while throwing some Jean shorts on with a flowy top. I brushed my hair and put it in a bun. After I felt clean and ready, I knocked on my brothers' door. No answer. I opened it to find no one in there. I went back across my room to the other door. I knocked once again. No answer. I opened it still to find no one in there. I thought it was pretty strange, but then again they could be downstairs in the lobby. I ran down there, still to find no one. "Did they leave?" I thought a little scared. I went outside, and I looked around. Still nothing. I gave up. I sat on the curb of the sidewalk and put my hands over my face. I felt the sun on my face. I took a deep sigh and then I felt shady. Someone or something was standing in front of me. I opened my eyes and saw Luke standing in front of me. "What're you doing by yourself?" He asked confused. I look at him with the most pissed off face I could make. "Where, THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR EVERYONE FOR 3 HOURS!!!" I was in unbelievable rage. He grabbed my arms gently and put them at my sides. He was so sweet. I used to have a thing for him. I guess I still have a little feelings left. "We've been at the beach. You were still sleeping so we decided to not wake you....I'm sorry". I couldn't help it. I hugged him. "It's ok. You guys just scared me. I thought you left me." Luke then pushed me away from him, still holding on to my arms. He wanted me to see his expression. "We'd never leave you. Don't think that. Just come and hang out at the beach with us." I stared at him for a millisecond, taking in his beauty. I finally said "alright". He took my hand and led me to the beach.