Ch 4.

I couldn't take this anymore. I started bawling my eyes out and Tyler looked over at me and held me close to him. "Shhh. Calm down. It's ok. We'll be ok". Before I knew it, I fell asleep again. The next thing I knew, I felt the car shaking. We had stopped, but the ground was shaking. I looked around and realized we were at a gas station. We needed gas. I heard my mom mumbling outside that the real damage wouldn't start for a couple more days. So at least we had time..but not a lot. I opened the car door and my mom turned her head to me. "Hey mom is it ok if I get something to eat. I'm starving." She turned and still had her smiling face on. "Yeah sure hon. I have $10 in my purse. Just take that." I thanked her, and went to the front seat where I grabbed the $10. I walked into the store, and surprisingly, there wasn't as much chaos as before. Some people were stealing, but I couldn't live with that. I picked up an apple, a package of cheese-its, and a water. I added them up. "$8.00" I mumbled to myself, walking up to the cashier. She had long brown hair, in a ponytail, perfect eyebrows, and brown eyes. She had these thin, dry, cracked lips. But when she smiled, she could light up anyone. You could say she was pretty. "Is this all sweetie?" She asked. "Yes. Thank you". I walked back outside eating my cheese-its to the car and gave my mom the remaining $2. "Here mom". I hopped in the car again. The gas just finished filling up. "Let's roll" my mom said. "We are we going?" I asked. "Closest airport". As we started driving, there was something that caught my eye.