Ch 1.

I remember the adrenaline running through my veins as I was jolted up by my mother screaming "get up! Get up! We have to leave now. Anna get up!!" Eyes widened with fear, I replied shaken up, "What? Mom why? What's going on?" "The world..is ending. The news is on! They said we need to head south to Los Angeles. We can get on a plane from there and fly south." Thats when I knew, this is the time to make the most of the life I still have. "Ok! Ok! I need to pack mom! What about my stuff!?" "throw it in a couple bags and hurry downstairs. Your brothers are getting food and things we'll need. I have money and the plane tickets. It's too dangerous to drive and we'll be dead before we get half way". I took my things in panic and literally threw them into four bags. Once I got my clothes and pictures and other things, I ran down to the car. I saw that my brothers, Alex and Tyler were already in the car with looks of fear. I know they're mean to me most of the time, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for them. I hopped in and my mom sped out of the driveway, and a single tear ran down my cheek, taking my last looks of my house. "Here" my mom said as she threw a map at me. "Look for the route to the airport." As I was looking in the map, my brother Alex, who's 18, was in the front seat with my mom, flipping through channels on the radio to find the news. And Tyler, was in the backseat with me, looking out the window for any signs. We arrived at the airport. Although no one was rushing like we were, we had to get to L.A before anything major happened. It would be a couple days before people would start going ballistic. We were in and out of security check in 10 min. Before I knew it, it was time to board the plane.