|40| A night never to forget - Part II

DISASTER

/dəˈzastər/

noun

an event or fact that has unfortunate consequences.

After waiting for a few minutes in the stall I eventually left. I was still kinda shocked by what I had heard by the time I had left the bathroom the two girls were far gone. It had nothing to do with me but doing nothing felt wrong I had to at least find out who the girls were. I didn't know what I would do or even if I would do anything but I had to at least try. After gathering my dress into my hands to allow me to walk a little faster I finally reached the ballroom and my mission to find my friends was going to be harder than I thought. Everyone was on their feet some mix and mingle thing seemed to be going on so no one was at our table. And trying to push past people with a dress this size was an even harder task.

To my salvation I spotted Thomas, Jazz's friend and co-captain to the debate team alongside her. He was a tall skinny guy who wore big square rimmed glasses. He possessed an unsettling shade of red hair but he made up for it with the huge smile he forever plastered on his face. Along with freckles he had sprinkled across his face, Thomas had that kind of face you instantly felt like trusting. He was strong willed, ready to voice his opinion at any time which led to many fights with Jazz. But they made a great team and all the disagreements they had they always figured it out.

With a placing my hand on his shoulder he turned around and flashed me one of those heart warming smiles.

"Hey Tom, have you seen Jazz?"

"I'm sorry I haven't seen her since when both of us were with her at the table the last time."

"How about any of the girls?"

"Nope sorry again haven't seen them either."

"It's ok,thanks."

After minutes of looking for my friends around this humongous ballroom filled with hundreds of people and turning up with nothing it was beginning to get on my nerves. I had texted in the group and all phones seemed to be off. Or some owners were probably too drunk or high to even remember what a phone was. The one person who was sober probably didn't even hear the phone. I tried calling Jazz because she was my best bet but no answer, straight to voicemail.

"Ladies and gentlemen, just a gentle reminder, our voting ballots are about to close, so all those with outstanding votes please place them in ballots now." I looked over at the stage where the MC had just announced from.

Apparently some students got awards for best dressed, most creative outfit and whatnot, it was all part of the scam if you ask me. To keep us here long enough so that we keep throwing up cash like the spoiled narcissistic and neurotic brats we were. In my quest to find my friends I happen to spot Brooke Bailey just a few steps away from me.

My first instinct was to Run.

But I wasn't going to let her or anyone else ruin my night so that meant avoiding her at all costs. But also standing my ground so that meant I couldn't run. I had to face her whether I liked it or not, so no running. She seemed to be in heated discussion with Olivia, so she probably won't see me. Well it was more Brooke shouting and pointing and doing most of the talking as usual probably barking orders at her. Gwen was nowhere in sight which was probably for the best. I would probably have had one of those irrational rage moments just at the sight of her.

Right behind Brooke and Olivia, there was Ryan Turner who was drunk out his mind charming the ladies obviously trying to get one of them to go back to his place. With his light caramel skin and bouncy curly hair he was an irresistible piece of arm candy which seemed to be working. Zeke causing commotion as always was taking shots right in the open which had led him to a heated argument with one of the teachers on duty. Cameron was nowhere to be seen and so was Jacob. All I had to do was pass Brooke and Olivia and I would be in the clear.