Chapter 11: Who'm She Can't Recall

The kingdom was the hugest of all to exist. It had not only just the castle, but fields of growing blossoms and dazzling meadows shining right into the city itself. The city starts the moment one step outside the princesses shelter. People are all around. Kids, adults, teens, even little toddlers. Anyone would jump at the chance to join this thriving city.

Most criminals think of this place as a worst hideout, for it was crowded and news spread quickly.

However, Amane knew this spot was just right.

He had been traveling for days to a spot in the city where no one would've assumed he'd be.

It wasn't necessary empty; the city was too popular for that. It was just a point where less traveled. Not many springs and gardens were in that area, and few houses had been constructed. Since it took weeks to travel from north to west or east to west in the city, none really cared whether this area remained slightly less decorative and less populated than others.
Therefore, if any spot was good enough to remain hidden in, it was this one.

He glanced down at Yashiro. Ever since taking her, she'd been nothing but sound asleep.

*****

"You! Why did you take me?! I was in the middle of something!"
She snapped, eyes locked onto Amane's.

He'd only chuckle.
"I like your feistiness," he commented jokingly.

"Take me back, and who are you??"

"It's really sad that you can't recall who I am."

She paused. What was this guy saying? She didn't know him,
but she did recognize that voice.

"Were you that one I bumped into the other day when I went shopping with Aoi-Chan?" She questioned Amane, examining him further.

"Oh my, you remember that?"
He chuckled again.

"If you can remember that, why can't you remember—"

Crash.

"Yashiro?"

The daikon legged queen had collapsed to the ground.

"Yashiro—-!"

******

Nothing had really changed since then. She was still unconscious, and Amane hadn't gotten anywhere closer to making her remember...

But he wouldn't give up.

Not when she hadn't back then.