Chapter 12: The Begginning of Him and Her

"What do you like to do?"
The youngling asked, staring at the boy in front of her.

"Usually just chill and watch the stars," he replied.
"I really want to travel up there one day. Do you think it's possible?"

She smiled.

"My mother always says to believe, and one day whatever you want will come true!" She spoke while examining the stars.

They were so beautiful...

"Mother also says that I'm too busy to ever visit the stars.."

Amane's eyes widened as she said that.

He turned to her. Her gaze was fragile and white... but the beauty symbolized the elegant full moon above.

"What do you believe, Yashiro?"

"What do I believe...?"

She faced him as he did her. They locked eyes, and their reflections were caught in the lake nearby.

"I believe..."

**********

Her eyes opened.

That dream...

She glanced around her surroundings. This was nothing like her castle. Royalty didn't lie anywhere in sight.

The birds didn't chirp and the laughter of children didn't exist either. To her, this place wasn't anything like home.

She stood up and waddled her thick legs over to the end of the alleyway that she woke up in.

Silence.

There was really nothing here. Maybe a house or two in the corner or so, but nothing of the special.

She had dreamed of escaping her kingdom, but is that what it was really like? Lonesome and empty?

"Hah, caught you~"

"Eh-?!"

"Oh, it's just you."
"Wait."

"YOU'RE THE KIDNAPPER!!"

She attempted to jog away, but Amane stopped her.

"Can you just relax for a minute and stop trying to run away every darn time you see me?"

"You KIDNAPPED me. Why wouldn't I run away?"

He sighed at put his hand on her shoulder.

"At least let me explain. You can do that, please?"

The tone of his voice suddenly softened, and it gave her the chills. At the same time, it made her feel a bit uneasy. Maybe she should give him a chance; he must have some dumb reason for taking her anyway...

"Okay," she replied, her soft tone matching his. "Tell me, then I'm leaving."

He smiled and nodded. He didn't want her to go, but at least he could reveal why he abducted her.

"I wanted to catch up. I wanted to see you and your smile again, but never had the opportunity.."

"We've never met, other then the one time we bumped into one another. Why would you care?"

"You just don't remember,"
he whispered.

"You were the one you thought of me as human, not as a slave... or something."

"Huh?-"

"Don't you get it, Yashiro?"
He spoke more stern now.

"You think your world is just a little fantasy. You're a busy princess. You think that's overwhelming? Pfft, consider yourself lucky."

"What are you saying...?"

"Anyone not royalty is treated like crap, Yashiro."

"Total crap."