Chapter Six

"No, goodbye."

She might as well have said to go and die in a fiery abyss. Levi looked at her, she looked back. Even if only for a second, he caught a glimpse of her mystifying E/C eyes. Then she was running down the green hillside, getting farther and farther away from him. All he could do was stand there and watch, his shock completely paralyzing.

"Y/N.... wait-" But she was already gone. His hands fell to his side, clenching into fists. He would not show emotion. Emotion was a weakness. Emotion made you vulnerable.

And that wasn't Levi's way.

He turned on his heel, making his way back to the pavilion, regretting every step he took away from Y/N. The rest of the ceremony carried out without a problem, several more speeches and utterly useless cheers exploded from the crowd, however, none matched up to the first one. Levi hardly paid attention to any of it. He was focused on one thing, and one thing only; her.

As soon as he could leave the grounds, he did, making a beeline for the soldier's residencies. He knew exactly which room was hers, and immediately pounded on the door when he got there. When it opened, it was not the face of the one he was looking for, but instead a groggy brunette friend of his.

"Wha-"

"Is Y/N here?" He interrupted her, his voice brimming with hurriedness.

"No, she hasn't been back here all day. Although, you aren't the first person to ask me that today..."

"What the hell does that mean?" Levi was infuriated. Who would come to see her? An executive? A friend? A lover?

"Hey, hey, don't get your man-panties in a twist. Pyxis rang here earlier to thank her for giving the speech, that's all. I told him she wasn't here though."

"Did he say anything about where he was going to try to reach her next?"

"No, but-" He sped away quicker than she could finish her sentence.

"Hey, aren't you going to ask me how I am? Hey-" Her voice was drowned out by the distance.

Levi began to wander the streets of the Harbor, asking anyone he could grab the attention of if they had seen Y/N, which none of them had. He scoured all the shops, every watchtower and every home, and even went into the rich neighborhood he knew she hated. But there was nothing, and a little ball of panic had settled itself into his stomach.

He was beginning to lose hope when finally his search became fruitful.

"Oh yeah, she came by this morning in an awful tizzy. Took her horse without a damn word. Very uncharacteristic of her likeliness."

"Do you have any idea where she was headed?" Levi asked, voice dripping with anticipation.

"No, I can't say I do. Didn't look to be goin' anywhere in particular, I reckon'. I do remember she headed out inta' the desert though, to the northwest of 'ere." The stable-keep informant didn't have to say anything else. Levi hastily jumped on the nearest saddled horse, a brown stallion with a glistening black mane, and snapped the reins, spurring the horse into motion.

"Oi, what're you-" The man's voice was lost to the wind.

A/n: I like italicized letters. They're exquisite. So I thought, "What better way to illustrate Levi's POV?" Fancy letters for a fancy boy.