Chapter 4 = It's a Deal

...

He started avoiding me.

Which lasted for several weeks.

No matter how hard FBI tried to speak to him, he just wouldn't respond and would ignore him.

But he seemed so hesitant about it...

The organisation sighed, looking down.

Another day, NATO was still avoiding him.

What had he done wrong?

All he wanted was to help NATO overcome his 'social anxiety', but it had only driven him away from him.

What could he do?

He thought of things he could do to earn that small friendship bond back but he couldn't, it'll all just end up in a dead end.

Thats when a thought came to mind, a very dumb one if you ask but he was sure it'll work.

All he needs to do, is meet him in the locker room.

Sure, the plan was good. But is it good enough for him to be able to achieve it?

He was about to check the time on the clock outside the office but then the office door opened to reveal UN.

The UN glanced towards FBI and NATO, who was moreover looking at UN for orders.

The UN seemed confused, as if expecting something other then silence from the both of them.

But whatever UN thought, he just dismissed the thought and nodded towards both of them. Allowing them to go on their lunch break.

NATO then quickly complied and went towards the direction to the locker rooms, to which FBI quickly followed.

He was a bit confused when he glanced back to see FBI following him, but then just turned back forward as they both entered the locker room.

NATO quickly grabs his lunch from his locker to which FBI took the chance to speak up.

"Hey NATO?"

He waited as NATO just hummed in response, but he could see him slightly slow down his movements in locking his locker, as if listening.

"... So I was thinking... If maybe we could be, friends? Again?"

He saw NATO fully halt, but he couldn't see his face since his back was turned towards FBI.

FBI sighed, grabbing his own lunch, locking his locker before turning to exit out the room.

He was halfway there when NATO finally spoke up.

"... Why?"

It was one word for sure, but it made FBI smile a bit, knowing that NATO is at least able to talk to him, if not directly.

"Why what?"

"Why do you even want to befriend me?" NATO's tone was mono as usual but he could sense some curiosity hidden within.

"Because you seem like a nice guy." FBI answered, happily, turning around to face NATO and smile.

Surely NATO wasn't looking out him directly but from the corner of his eye he could see FBI's smile, causing him be a little surprised.

"But why do you even try? What are you trying to get out of this??" NATO seemed a bit puzzled.

FBI stayed silent for a moment before asking.

"Wanna make a deal?"

NATO glanced up towards FBI, seeing how serious his face was yet still smiling slightly, worries him a little about this 'deal'.