Chapter 4

"I'm not going to believe what?" Rosé asked and instead of replying, Lisa showed her what she was holding in her palm: several banknotes. "She left money for us?" she uttered, her eyes widening.

"Of course she did! Ugh, I hate people like that!" Lisa started to furiously pace around the room. "Especially the younger one, Jennie, who does she think she is? We said we wouldn't accept any money right? And she sneaked into the bathroom to left those notes there? What an irritating rich bitch!"

"Calm down, Liz." Unlike Lisa, Rosé never lost her nerve.

"I'm not going to calm down! She comes here, looking all expensive and beautiful, with her condescending look and her infuriating attitude, thinking that she's better than us, I hate that kind of shit!"

"Stop exaggerating. There was nothing condescending in her behavior and she certainly didn't show in any way she was better than us. She's just a rich girl and probably had never dealt with people like us."

"Oh, she's an arrogant rich bitch alright!"

"Come on, Liz, stop being so bitter. It's not her fault that her parents are rich."

"Shit, whose side are you on? Do you think it's okay for them to just leave the money for us?"

"Of course I don't, but I'm convinced Jennie had the best intentions. She's just too young to understand why we wouldn't want to take the money. And I'm sure the older one, Jisoo, had nothing to do with it, she was very thoughtful and considerate."

"Ah, of course, I knew you'd like her, you two are very much alike." Lisa huffed before finally calming down a little.

"I actually did, she seemed very composed for her age and I can certainly appreciate that, especially because I live with a hot-head like you."

Lisa snorted.

"And besides, why are you so bothered by Jennie?" Rosé suddenly asked. "She really did seem like your type, both physically and in her character."

"What?" Lisa snapped at her, blinking furiously.

"Didn't you tell me once that you had a thing for girls with feline eyes?"

"Maybe I did, what does that have to do with anything! And besides I hate that self-centered bitch!"

"She's actually the opposite of self-centered. And you said she looked beautiful-"

"When???"

"Just right now."

"I don't remember! And I just can't stand how you can be so unbothered about it all!"

"Enough is enough Liz, stop acting like a grumpy child. We just need to think of the way to give them the money back."

"I'm going to return it even if it's the last thing I'll do!" Lisa yelled, still fuming because of her hurt pride.

They heard the door open and Irene and Seulgi came inside, their eyes still sparkling with joy, a clear sign that the date had gone well.

"Whoa, you look really mad Liz, what happened?" Irene greeted them with a smile.

Lisa began explaining her own interpretation of the events, but Rosé soon took over, she described the situation much more objectively.

"Wait, you said Jisoo and Jennie Kim?" Seulgi interjected. "I know them. I mean not personally, but their father is among the top ten richest men in Korea. He owns many companies, even the restaurant chain where you work, Lisa."

"Yeah, and I even know where they live, it's a really large residence just outside the city." Irene added. "So what are you planning to do?"

"We'll go there, meet them and throw this damn money in their faces!" Lisa exploded once again and Rosé looked at her disapprovingly.

"You still haven't calmed down? We won't be doing anything like that. We'll call them tomorrow, because today it's too already too late, and explain that we want to give the money back."

"That seems reasonable." Irene approved. "Okay, it's getting late and I have to wake up early, I'm going to bed."

"Yeah, me too." Seulgi instantly agreed. Rosé and Lisa quickly exchanged glances, almost smirking. They have lived with the couple for enough time already to know perfectly what it meant.

***

As they were going home in the limousine, Jennie couldn't contain her irritation, continuously clenching and unclenching her small fists.

"Why were they so damn stubborn? It's obvious they need money, why didn't they want to take it? And they seemed pretty pissed off about it too, especially Lisa, I mean she acted like we offended her or something? Ugh! And the way she snapped at us: 'We don't need your money!' What the hell was that? I swear, maybe she's one of those people who hate others just because they're richer than them."

"Jennie, you have to stop thinking like that." Jisoo replied in a scolding tone. "Sometimes you really behave like a spoiled princess. You must understand that accepting the money would make them feel inferior, it's a question of pride and dignity. I actually admire them for refusing and so should you."

"Really?" Jennie asked, but her voice was hesitant. "Maybe you're right." she bit her lip nervously. "Don't be mad but... I think I kind of screwed up again."

"Oh my god, what did you do?"

"I... left them some money when I went to the bathroom."

"You what!? Jen, I swear, I'm getting really fed up with your shenanigans! Stop acting without thinking, you're eighteen already, you should be smarter than that!" Jisoo paused, seeing how her sister's eyes brimmed with tears.

"It's just... they're really poor and I thought they could really use the money..." she began explaining faintly and Jisoo sighed.

"I know you only wanted to help, but next time ask me before you do something rash like that, okay?" her voice instinctively softened. "Don't cry, they probably won't get offended by this." she added, but deep down she knew that it was a lie to make Jennie feel better. She was wise enough to know that this money matter wouldn't end like this. "I'm sure they'll try to return it." she thought. "What a mess. We'll probably have to apologize too. But at least I'll have a chance to see them again."

Jisoo frowned, startled by her own thought. "Why would I want to see them again?" she couldn't find a good reason. "That was unexpected and... kind of odd." But the car already stopped in front of their house so she brushed it off, deciding that it was something which just randomly crossed her mind.