Chapter Thirteen

All he could feel was heat. Tension, heat and Zuko's warm lips. It distracted him from his cold clothes that were clinging to his body. A shiver ran up his side, Zuko's warm hand placed on his waist. Warming his cold skin.

    Zuko pulled open Sokka's top, peeling the wet fabric off his skin, exposing his chest which glistened in the moonlight. He bit his lip, humming at the sight. Sokka's chest was cold and his nipples were erect. Zuko ran a hand over his smooth skin, earning a soft hum from the other boy. Eagerly, he leaned in to run his lips across Sokka's collarbone, the water tribe boy letting out a sigh as he ran a hand through Zuko's hair.

    The Firelord slid down the water tribe boy's body to place his hot lips over his nipple, a sharp noise of surprise left Sokka's throat.

    "What?! Are-" He uttered before humming. "Why does that feel good?" He mumbled.

    "What was that?" Zuko asked smugly, smirking up at him.

    "Mm... It feels... Good..." Sokka replied shyly, looking away.

    Zuko raised his eyebrow, returning to his work. He trailed his hands down Sokka's sides, moving to fumble with Sokka's sash, slowly untying but being stopped by Sokka's hands.

    He looked up at him, giving him a questioning look.

    "I... I don't want to go all the way..." Sokka whispered.

    "Okay." Zuko nodded, giving him a smile.

    He stood up again, pulling Sokka in again for a kiss. Sokka kissed back, humming. He didn't realize how cold his lips had gotten.

    Eventually they pulled away, looking into each other's eyes.

    "So... Umm..." Sokka mumbled.

    "I... I want to say," Zuko mumbled. "What happened back at the palace was never a mistake to me... It was confusing at first. But... It just feels right... Being with you."

    Sokka breathed a sigh of relief, his cheeks flushing again before he kissed the firebender again.

    "So... What are we gonna do now?" The water tribe boy asked lowly, looking up at him through his dark lashes.

    "Do you... want to be my boyfriend?" Zuko uttered, zoning out into Sokka's eyes.

    "What...? Yes!" Sokka responded quickly, his eyes lighting up.

    The Firelord laughed softly at the exchange. But he felt his heart skip a beat and his stomach clench again. He pecked Sokka's lips one more time before pulling away.

    "Now, we should probably get back to camp. Aang's probably worried." Zuko said softly, gesturing back to camp.

    "Yeah and I need to warm up, it's freezing out here." Sokka added, rubbing his arms.

    "Well..." Zuko pulled Sokka's shirt closed. "That should help a little, but I can start a fire."

    "Thanks," Sokka smiled gratefully. "What are we gonna tell Aang?"

    "We'll just say that when I found you, I startled you and you fell into the pond. Then I jumped in after you." Zuko suggested, gesturing to the pond.

    "Sounds good."

    Back at the camp, Sokka curled up by the fire, wrapped in Zuko's blanket. He snuggled into his cocoon, inhaling the Firelord's scent. Said Firelord was sitting on Appa watching his sister. Sokka had complained about wanting to cuddle Zuko, but there wasn't a very good vantage point from where Sokka was sitting. He watched the orange flames lick at the dark air, breathing in the faint smell of smoke and Zuko's scent. He felt himself grow sleepy, his eyes falling closed. He took one last glance at his boyfriend before falling asleep.