Almost lost

There's a game I play that I've already mentioned several times called Love Nikki. I went to play last night and for some reason it logged me out of my account. I was pretty sure I linked my account to my apple email so I tried logging in with my apple ID and it started me all over at the very beginning of the game... I was staring at the screen saying no no no over and over. I was actually about to cry... I've been playing since August of last year and I didn't want to lose all that data.

I closed out of the game and tried again, but it started me over again... meanwhile I'm panic-typing in the LN Discord server trying to ask what to do and if I can recover my data. I closed out of the game again and on the title screen I saw a button that said "mail" and I tapped on it and it had my email and a password. That must have been how I linked my account. I logged in with that and recovered my account. I was so relieved... thank goodness I decided to link the account with my email. (I realized it wasn't working when I tried logging in with the apple ID is because I linked the account to my apple email but not my apple ID.)

For safe measures, I also linked the save file to a Facebook account I made just for this game. I didn't even use Anita or Chris for the account name, I made up a random name (that sounds like a drag queen name lol)