Recovery

The doctor walked out to meet the crew. Clamly gathering the courage to speak...he spoke.
  "I'm afraid he had a rupture...the pressure of the baby coming our was too much for him....he could have perished" The doctor looked at all of them. Glanced shot up our of his chair.
  "COULD HAVE!? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU COULD HAVE? LET ME SEE HIM" Lance darted past them and Shiro quickly jolted up to catch lance. Lance grunted and kicked as he began to cry. He began to loudly cuss them all out in Spanish as Shiro calmed him.

  And so the doctor spoke again.
"Could have...he's in a stable condition at the moment, he should be discharged as soon as he wakes up. He may experience trouble with walking, pain in his abdomen, and some mornings he may not be able to walk at all." The doctor waited and then led them to Keith's room. The doctors took the twins in for their check up, and cleaned them up.

  Lance was relieved. He felt horrible for Keith, but he could still hold his entire world in his arms at night, and kiss him, and marry him. Lance pulled up a chair by Keith's bed and watched him sleep, eagerly awaiting for him to wake up.
  Allura glanced at Pidge, and the Shiro, as the three collectively left, to return back home. Hunk stayed with lance, as they waited not only for the others to return with some things, but also for Keith to wake up.

A few more hours passed. Allura Pidge and Shiro came back, they sat for hours, talked, ate, and eventually they all fell asleep. The twins slept quietly, and lance fell asleep, his fingers entwined with Keith's.

  Finally...at one in the morning, Keith eyes, slowly fluttered open.

  He looked around the room, and finally glanced down at the warm, tan hand that had his in such a loving grasp. He glanced at their engagement rings, and finally up at lance, lightly caressing his head.
  After a while he eventually read a book, and then proceeded to go back to sleep. No one had noticed, but Keith had general lost weight. There was still some for him to work off, but he smiled, watching lance and his children until he peacfully fell asleep.

  It was the next morning, Keith was somehow awake before everybody else, even the twins. He'd been through the most, but he had managed to be the first awake.
  After everyone else woke up, lance being the last apart from the twins, Keith waited, and waited.
   Lance finally woke up, he looked around and finally realized Keith was awake. In pure happiness, he climbed in his bed and held him close, crying tears of nothing but pure joy.

  For the first time in hours, everything was at peace again, there was rejoice, and a sense of calm across everyone, Keith had survived, and he shall live to recover, with the love of his life, his children, and his family, the crew of Voltron.
   And he shall defend the universe, and raise his twins, he shall reconcile with his mother...and he shall live.