Chapter Twenty Nine

WE ARE ALMOST IN THE 30s NOW JESUS CHRIST I AM NOT OKAY ;-;

///////////////////////////////////////

Luke's POV:

The next day, Calum and I did our regular morning routine which as you guessed included 5 more minutes of Calum and I snuggling and a shit tonne of coffee. My caffeine addiction was getting rough, but I needed it at the moment because this job stresses me the fuck out. Having to carry on my job like normal knowing that a student and a teacher were dating was so hard, but if i didn't keep my mouth shut i would have only just got myself into trouble. It's been happening for way over a month now and the more I think about it, the more sick I feel. I had half a fucking mind to beat Cameron's ass.

Calum was driving me to work, which was another part of our routine. Since he doesn't work mornings and doesn't start work until lunch time, he always gets up with me and spends the morning with me before dropping me off which I find adorable. "Seen much of that emo and hippie in the bar lately?" I asked Calum whilst he was driving, looking rather deep in thought before I asked him. I was referring to the dramatic customers who came in a few months ago and got all soppy. Another fact I learned from Calum is that they both like black current cordial. The emo drinks stout with black and the hippie drinks cider with black. Big pfft! "No...Shame really. They came in twice that weekend and Steve mentioned that they were travelling home after their in Sydney. Apparently they did a zigzag on the road outside of the pub." He chuckled, snapped out of his daze. "A zigzag? Pfffffffffft!" I looked at him. "What were you thinking about? You looked deep in thought?" I asked. "Oh nothing.. just you.." he smiled and looked at me, only for a second because he was still concentrating on the road like a good boy. "You are a little gem" I smiled back as he pulled up on the curb outside of work. He pecked my lips gently "have a good day darling" "you too babe" I smiled as I went into work.....AF.

I was missing Calum already, I was so nervous to see what would come of today. But it was surprisingly good, well the morning was. Arzaylea wasn't being as disruptive in class as usual. She was actually well behaved, probably because she knew I wasn't meddling in her disgusting relationship, as much as I wanted to help make it stop. But the lessons I taught in the morning went well, and I was having a good day. When it reached lunchtime, I sat with Dave in the staff room as I was eating a delicious packed lunch that Calum made for me, and Dave was...well... eating a McDonald's that he must have picked up at the start of lunch break. "So how's things my buddy?" He asked whilst dipping his fries in his bbq sauce. "Um...yeah..not bad I guess... you..?" "Not bad! However Arzaylea has been acting weird." He shrugged. Fuck. I had to try my best to pretend that I didn't know anything, but I couldn't help but notice that my heart was gently thumping. How long it would be gentle for, I do not know. "She doesn't really refer to me as a father figure anymore..she seems to spend more time with that gym teacher" Dave raised an eyebrow. Yup, he was definitely starting to click on. It's strange how he referred to him as "that gym teacher" when Cameron told me that he and Dave were apparently best friends. He was probably fucking lying so he could convince me to keep their terrible secret. I was a little bit 😶 because Dave didn't know that I knew, but to protect myself I had to pretend that I knew nothing. "Oh sorry to...erm... hear that... do they spend a lot of time together?" I asked pretending to be oblivious. "All the time! She was my angel!" Before I knew it, Dave burst into tears. Literally in front of all the other teachers in the staff room, I started to feel extremely awkward and anxious. I don't know what to do, fuck! Pfft the best thing I could do is be there for him, regardless how guiltily I was feeling. "Um...erm don't cry... I'm um.. sure she'll come back to you soon..." even though I knew where her mind had gone right now. Dave wiped his tears "I'm sorry man... I've just... I've never had any kids.. but she can suit herself. Is she still going to your classes?" He asked. Well today she came, and was fine. But sometimes she comes really late "I mean yeah... sometimes she comes a little bit late but she seems to be doing fine" pfffft I don't want to talk about this at all. "Her studies slacking or anything?" He still kept asking about her. "I mean there has been a little bit of a decrease but that's only this week." I prayed that he would stop now. "And have you tried spanking your kids when they- um actually forget I said that." He wiped his other tear away. Well, I had to fucking jinx it didn't I? "What?! Why would you even ask that? That's...disgusting..." I scrunched my face up. "because my teacher did that to me at school when I was late. Have you ever done it? I have never spanked student." He looked at me. I just didn't say anything. Well, if I did say anything it was just "....................." really. You know what I mean. "not talking huh? Fine suit yourself." He said bluntly. I sighed. "sorry sorry my head is just all over the place today.." and where's the lie? "It is? How come?" He asked. Fucks sake what's with all the questions again! I was an anxious state and I didn't want to be interrogated. I mean he wasn't doing anything wrong but I just really wasn't in the mood.  It was getting more and more difficult for me to be able to keep my mouth shut about what was happening with Cameron and Arzaylea. I almost spilled the beans... but didnt. "Nothing um... nothing..." I stood up quickly before I said too much. "Um..listen I better go, class will be starting in twenty minutes, Ima just go for a smoke." I definitely needed a cigarette. I know that twenty minutes is a long time before class starts, I wasn't even halfway through lunch break but I NEEDED to get out of this conversation. I started to walk away but Dave jumped up and followed "I'll join you!" Well this was difficult because right now I needed time alone.