Chapter 24: Bo-Katan

As I walked into the tunnels, all the scrumrats I past by were staring at me. Some of them whispered amongst each other and it was all about me.

"She was able to fight against three criminals." One said. 

"But she's only five." Another protested. 

At that moment, a girl around the age of fifteen or so approached me. She had tan skin, long brown hair, and brown eyes. She wore a red headband along a satchel around her shoulders with gray robes, a brown belt, brown boots, brown gloves, and she carried a white pipe with her. The girl scanned me from head to toe as she narrowed her eyes at me.

"So you're the new scrumrat. Moloch said you took on three criminals, but you don't so tough to me." She taunted.

"Looks can be deceiving." I rebuked.

Bansee raised her white pipe, but before she could strike, a female voice stopped her. "Leave her alone, Bansee."

I turned around to see a boy around the age of eighteen and a girl around the age of seventeen standing behind me. Bansee scoffed. "Don't you have somewhere else to be?"

"We could say the same to you, Bansee." The boy mentioned.

"You can't order me around, Han." Bansee retorted.

"I know, but she can." The boy named Han shot back. "She's Head Girl and if I remember correctly, you're only Third Girl, Bansee."

Bansee glared at them as she clenched her fists around the pipe in her hands. "This isn't over. You will fall and when you do, I will be there."

With that, she gave me a little push before storming off. Once she left, I turned back towards Han and the girl. I offered them a smile. "Thanks...for stopping her."

"We couldn't just watch her hurt you." The girl said.

I huffed. "I could have beaten her."

Han chuckled. "I like your confidence, kid."

"Besides, you're new around here. We thought you might like someone to show you around." The girl offered.

My smile widened. It would be nice to have friends for once. I nodded. "I'd like that."

"Cyar'ika!" 

My eyes shot wide open as I coughed out all the water that had fallen in my lungs. Din was hovering over me. I could feel his fear and worry as he gently helped me up from the ground.

"Are you all right?" He asked. 

"Yeah, just got a small scratch." I assured him. "How are you?"

Din gave me a nod. I let out a croak. "Selba...Kaytia...Ani..."

"They're all fine." He mentioned.

I looked around to see three Mandalorians with blue armor. Kaytia was next to Din and me, holding Selba. Ani approached us, walking rather slowly. I noticed a bandage wrapped around his side. 

"He has a small wound, but he will survive." Din commented. "The Mandalorians, they helped us."

I turned towards the Mandalorians, giving them a smile. "Thank you."

"I've been searching for more of our kind." Din informed them.

"Well, lucky we found you first." The one with a helmet that had an owl design said.

"I've been quested to deliver this child. I was hoping that..." Din began.

He trailed off as we saw all three of the Mandalorians took their helmets off. I could feel Din's shock as he tensed up. I was rather baffled as well. The one with the owl helmet had short red hair, pale skin, and green eyes. To the left of her stood another woman with long black hair pulled back in a ponytail, dark skin, and brown eyes. And to the right of her stood a man with light skin, short brown hair, and brown eyes. Din placed a hand on his blaster, which lied in his holster, as he stood up.