Chapter Two

Those lambent red eyes kept glowing as her assailant hovered above her, pinning her body to the ground hindering each breath from rejuvenating her air-deprived lungs.

Every gasp or whimper caught in Colette's throat, sounds didn't dare slither past her lips for they too feared upsetting the brute gnarling his teeth at her. Salivating an ooze dark like crude from between his grubby lips, the substance fell against the girl's face and she somehow managed a whine. The unstable force she was yet to distinguish whether being man or beast, chuckled. Shackling his massive hand around her wrists her assailant pinned them above her head.

"My, my, look what the river washed up," he mocked, crouching to sniff Colette's brown hair and she whimpered. It smelled like blooming flowers in the spring, and the pretty scent tickled his grotesque nose, awakening savage intentions.

"Please don't hurt me," Colette begged. Her eyes laid tightly shut while her head remained inanimate and off to the side. She prayed to every conceivable empyrean presence known to man to protect her and her friends from whatever this man and his counterpart were. She prayed that her assailant would disappear from her helpless body only to open her eyes and realize it was all a dream.

"We plan to do more than just hurt you," spewed her captor then he snickered, gliding his pierced tongue over chapped lips.

Drifting with the breeze, came the hollers of two men who were being robbed of their lives by the other obscure man. Their desperate, familiar cries incited surrender from Colette. The girl's motionless body was a direct link to losing interest in fighting for her life after hearing screams of death. There was no use fighting for something unattainable she thought.

Her mind corrupted by what she knew was the sound of death, Colette wanted to kick and scream at the man and his friend for carrying out such deplorable acts but she knew it would infuriate her assailant even more. She chose to lay there with her eyes closed, weeping at the circumstances, cursing herself for not staying put from the inception. Curiosity was certainly the demise of a stupid cat and she realized within that moment that she was the stupid cat.

"My friends," she managed to whimper. Those words were a desperate plea.

"Yeah, sounds like they're chow for Isaac now," the bleach blonde revealed. He exposed his blackened teeth to the girl who gazed at him behind a fountain of tears.

In his twisted mind, the man thought of countless ways to end the girl's life. He thought of eating her raw like sushi, cut her limb from limb while still alive, feed her to wolves, or strangle her with his chain. The possibilities for a good time were endless and he salivated intensely at the notion.

Colette inevitably shivered the second she felt the presence that lifted from her body, her assailant followed by yanking her from the ground and when she stood on her feet she saw the other man approach. His hands and face dripped with the blood of her two friends and she felt her stomach drop.

"What are you doing?" The man interrogated his blonde partner.

"Thinking of all the ways to snap the life out of this nosy bitch."

"Were you taunting the prey? You know how much the queen hates when you do that."

"I wasn't taunting anyone, I was thinking. Besides, I haven't even pushed her around yet." Replied the blonde.

"Yet?"

The blonde seized Colette by the throat and grunts in response.

"Be done with her already so we can discard of her and the others, I fucking hate the riverside."