Chapter Twenty- Nine

"I'm sorry,"

"Why?" The man asked as Petra cupped his bearded face. He was enamoured of her beauty, her supple lips, chuckling to himself, he became supercilious, proud over pulling such an attractive one so quickly. Usually, his friends were the ones to get all the pretty girls at the bars they went to but that night it was his luck but little did he know that this wasn't any ordinary woman. The devilish gaze in her eyes should've told him all he needed to know but he thought it was her need of wanting to fuck him—he misinterpreted the malevolence. The man thought he was going to get his dick sucked but the only thing getting sucked that night were his veins.

Tracing her lips around along the idiot's neck, Petra kissed him for a few seconds, pushing him up against the seat with vigour. She straddled him, feeling his tumescence graze against her bottom. She wanted to scowl but pretended for a second longer. She felt his hands grabbed her ass and it triggered primal urges, enough playtime she thought, sinking her fangs into his neck and immediately he froze, paralyzed by her venom.

Men were too easy she thought, enjoying the decadence of his blood. They were such sluts and were often her unfortunate victims because they were susceptible, easily influenced all because of pussy. It's what she used to lure them in, well the promise of it.

Each second her fangs latched into the man, Petra could feel her thirst dissipating; her victim would groan, unable to defend himself due to being frozen to the car seat. Pulling away from him before she sucked him dry, the woman's eyes remained luminous for several seconds as she wiped her lips. Boy, that felt good! The taste, the smell, all of it enticed her to continue but she was done. Climbing out of the man's truck, she watched him, he looked at her through partially closed lids, tears slid from his eyes.

"You should thank me, at least now you'll always have a story to share when you're drunk. Sure, no one's going to believe you but at least they'll think you're entertaining," she said with an eerie grin, her fangs still visible.

Petra pulled her dress down from her thighs and was gone in a flash, leaving the helpless man to slip into a daze caused by her venom. She ran to her car she hid off the side of the road a few miles away from where she told Beth to meet her. Inside the ride, the woman took a napkin and cleaned her face making sure that no blood or any trace of her victim lingered. When she was done she started the car, exhaling softly at the refreshing feel zipping through her body. She couldn't wait to get to Beth, Petra thought cruising down the road. She'd changed cars since the last time as a way not to draw suspicion to herself. The woman wasn't stupid, she knew Adira would be watching those close to Colette, including the girl who stood by the little car in the parking lot. The heartbeat Petra felt on the phone with the girl a few days prior returned but a little stronger. When she rolled down the window and beckoned the girl over, she caught a whiff of her but it didn't incite primal urges to feast on her blood but there was something about her scent that excited her— it was inexplicable but satisfying.

"Hey, I thought we were having dinner here,"

"Change of plans," Petra said, watching as the girl got comfortable in the passenger seat. She looked beautiful, her sandy blonde hair naturally curled at her shoulders, she wore a nice shirt beneath her jacket. The woman could see the girl observing her out the corner of her eye. "Everything alright?"

"Isn't it chilly out, why aren't you wearing a coat or at least a sweater?" She asked and the vampire shrugged. "I grew up in the deep north," she lied. She was from the south, where the thought of a snowflake in that hemisphere was merely fairytale.

"Uhh, cool. But what's that?" The girl questioned noticing a red spot stained into the woman's skin-tight dress. Following the girl's gaze, the vampire saw the bloodstain on her dress and almost groaned. She didn't panic to making it obvious that it was actual blood. How could she be that careless?