Chapter 1: Preparation

It was a sunny day in the middle of august. A short 23 year old with an asymmetric style bob, stood outside sulking. The sky is clear as well as Glimmer's brain. Glimmer raises a hand, blocking the sun from burning her sensitive eyes & sighs.

"This is going to worthless." She groans & her boyfriend walks outside. He is 25 years old & wears an afro buzz haircut.

"Hey! No, it's not!"

"I have to agree with both of ya," A feline female said before hissing from the sunlight. She was slightly under 24 & has an undercut.

"My goodness, it is so bright outside," Angella said looking out from her window.

"Have fun Glimmah!"

"My name is-"

"Just give up Sparkles," Catra said.

"Ugh, not you too!" Glimmer groaned rolling her eyes.

"You honestly should've been used to it by now." Catra said rolling her eyes. Glimmer scoffed & put her stuff in her car.

"I hate you," She muttered helping Bow load his stuff. After the 3 finished loading all of their stuff they got Angella.

"Let's go," She said & the 3 went into her car. Angella got into the driver's seat while Bow goes into the passengers since he was older than Glimmer & Catra. After Glimmer & Catra got into the backseat Angella drove. They stayed in uncomfortable silence until Angella spoke up.

"Are you guys nervous?" She asked keeping her eyes on the road.

"A little," Catra admitted & Glimmer scoffed.

"Nervous about what? It's not like we'll find the fucking fish." Glimmer cursed & Bow winced.

"Language!" Angella shouted & Glimmer sighed.

"It's a mermaid." Catra deadpans & Glimmer crossed her arms.

"Does it even matter? We aren't going to find it." She said shaking her head. Bow turned around from the passenger seat & Glimmer looked up.

"Glimmer, try to think positively... please?" Bow begged & Glimmer's expression softened a bit.

"Fine," Once they arrived at the docks everyone unbuckled. After getting outside the car, a tall man that goes by the name Prime approached them.

"I'm so glad you 3 have made it!" He said & Bow stepped up. Catra & Glimmer are always uncomfortable around him so Bow normally did the talking.

"Yep! Thank you for giving us a chance sir!"

"Your welcome, the yacht is for you." He said gesturing towards the big ship behind them.

"Thank you!" Bow said & he elbowed Catra making her ears perk up.

"Yes, thank you for the yacht."

"It's not a problem, I wish you the best of luck," Prime said walking away while his brothers took their stuff inside the huge boat.

"I hope you 3 have fun," Angella said once one of Primes brothers shut the trunk.

"Thanks, mom, have fun doing boring work crap." Glimmer said & Angella glared at her. Catra smiled at the two before taking a glance at the water. She felt her stomach do a flip but chose to walk towards the yacht. Bow & Glimmer followed her actions & they boarded the ship.

"Bye again!" Bow waved from the balcony & Angella waved back.

"Good luck!" She called out & Glimmer gave a thumbs up.

"Now time to steer this shit," Catra muttered & Bow frowned.

"Aw, not you too!" Bow muttered walking towards the deck.

"This view is incredible!" He gushed & Catra scoffed.

"We are surrounded by water! This is awful." Catra shot back & Bow chuckled nervously.

"Yeah, but still, we should enjoy this!"

"Fine, I'll be setting my stuff up." Catra excused herself before going downstairs. She turned her head & peered inside a room that had a huge tank in it.

"That's large enough to fit a mermaid. He's really serious about this." She muttered closing the door. She went into her room & started unpacking. Meanwhile, Glimmer was on her phone & Bow was in the bridge.

"I'm bored~" Glimmer complained shutting her phone off.

"Wanna play a game?" Bow asked glancing at his girlfriend.

"Like what?" She asked turning her head.

"I spy!" Bow squealed & Catra walked up behind him.

"K, I spy something blue." She said leaning against the pillar.

"The water-" Glimmer started but Catra cut her off.

"Exactly," Catra said sitting down.

"I see where you're going with this." Glimmer said & Catra hummed in response.

"Do we even know what the mermaid looks like?" Glimmer asked towards Bow who thought for a moment.

"People say she has a golden tail with flowing blonde hair. Rumor has it that her hair glows in the night!"

"Mhm, anything else Crop Top?" Catra asked slightly interesting in what he was saying.

"Hm, people say that she can change into a human."

"WHAT!?" Glimmer yelled making Catra's ear twitch.

"Really?" Catra asked & Bow nodded with a huge smile appearing on his face.

"Why are you happy!? That'll just make it harder to find her!" Glimmer pointed out & Catra nodded.

"Yeah... but it's still cool!" Bow said & Glimmer nodded.

"I guess," They stayed in silence until Glimmer sneezed.

"Bless you!" Bow said & Glimmer nodded. She glared at Catra who looked at her emotionless.

"Excuse me?" Glimmer snapped & Catra raised an eyebrow.

"What."

"You didn't say bless you."

"I couldn't bring my mouth to make out those words."

"Catra Meow Meow-"

"Don't use my full name bitch." Catra said looking at the endless water.

"Uh can we not curse-"

"I can't believe I'm stuck with this bitch for this trip!" Glimmer said standing up aggressively. Catra stood up & Glimmer looked up towards her.

"What!? If anyone's a bitch is you!" Catra snapped back & Glimmer shoved her.

"I'm going to bed! Fuck you!" Glimmer said flipping her off.

"Fuck you too!" Catra shot back & Glimmer huffed before going downstairs.

"This asshole- how do you deal with her?!" Catra asked & Bow rubbed his neck.

"Well, she's normally nice-"

"Pfft, nice?! What world are you living in?" She asked & Glimmer poked her head up.

"A world where your not a jerk!" She said & Catra turned around.

"I hate you," Catra snarled & Glimmer stuck her tongue out.

"Right back at you." Glimmer said & Catra growled.

"... This trip is going so great-"

"NO, IT'S NOT!!" Catra & Glimmer shouted in unison.

Hello there! Welcome to yet another Catradora book! Hope you enjoy 😁