Chapter 3: Stolen

Bow came back with exotic leaves while Glimmer came back with fruit.

"Did you see anything?" Bow asked.

"Or get anything?" Glimmer added & Catra smirked.

"Yeah, come check this out." She said & the two exchanged glances before following her. They went downstairs & Catra opened the door to the tank. The two gasped before Bow put his face against the glass.

"You really found her?!" Bow asked, his voice cracking in the process.

"Does she look fake?" Catra asked & Bow removed his face.

"She's so majestic." Catra had the sudden urge to tell him not to say that but pushed it away.

"How did you find her!?" Glimmer asked shaking her shoulders.

"She was singing on a rock surrounded by water." Catra blatantly replied. Glimmer watched the mermaid's eye flutter open & she elbowed Catra.

"What Spar-" She stopped talking when she saw the mermaid staring at her.

"Where are you taking me!?" She shouted & Catra's ears starting ringing.

"My god, are you a siren as well?" Catra asked & Adora glared at her.

"Where are you taking me," Adora said in a tone that made everyone cower.

"I-" She glanced at Glimmer who was equally terrified.

"Uh well we're-" Catra slapped her hand over Bow's mouth.

"Run." She said & the 3 booked it. Once they left Adora's expression dropped. She sighed & turned away.

"What are they going to do with me?" She asked herself before thinking of all the possibilities. The one that scared her the most was not death... but being sold.

"If I transform back to human I could drown." She muttered & the door handle clicked.

"Hey, I'm uh Glimmer."

"Hi," Adora replied but something made her stop the act.

"Do you uh are you hungry?" Glimmer asked & Adora nodded.

"Why aren't you mad?" Glimmer asked & Adora looked down.

"I just wanted him out of my sight." She admitted & Glimmer showed mercy. Poor Bow. 

"Ah, I'll get you something." Glimmer said closing the door. Adora did a flip in the pool before looking at the top of the tank. After Glimmer closed the door her eyes widened.

"Wait that was her first time meeting Bow... did she call Catra a boy!?" She muttered before racing upstairs.

"Hey!"

"Hey Sparkles, is she still mad?" Catra asked & Glimmer chuckled nervously.

"Well, she wanted you away from her."

"This would be a good time to bond!" Bow said clapping his hands together.

"Wait didn't Glimmer just say-"

"You would be good friends!" Bow said cutting Catra off.

"Are you crazy!? I'm not going down there." Few minutes later, Catra went downstairs with a plate of food & keys to lock the door. She gulped before opening the door. She went inside & quickly locked the door before sighed. When she faced the mermaid she got met with a deathly look.

"I- um h-hey-"

"What are you doing here? Don't you know how to leave someone alone?" Adora snapped & Catra took a shaky step forward leaving Adora surprised. She wasn't expecting Catra to actually make a move.

"What do you want?" Adora asked & Catra grabbed a ladder & propped it against the tank. Adora stood confused while Catra placed the plate down & opened the tank. She quickly backed up & Adora swam to the top.

"What are you doing?" Adora asked & Catra pointed to the plate.

"Glimmer said you were hungry & sent me here." Adora laughed leaving Catra surprised.

"She sent you? Do you work for her?" She asked changing her tail to legs. Adora climbed out & Catra blushed but quickly shook it away.

"You aren't going to assault me?" Catra asked & Adora raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" Adora asked picking up the plate & utensils.

"I-I thought you would-" Catra got cut off by Adora laughing.

"W-What?"

"I'm not some savage animal!" Adora said In-between her laughter. Catra chuckled softly & felt blush rising to her cheeks.

"Thanks for the food, you differ from most men I've seen," Adora said catching Catra off guard.

"Men?! What do you mean?" Catra asked.

"You're trying to make me straight," Adora said rolling her eyes.

"I- I'm not a man," Catra said making Adora scanned her body in confusion.

"Your... not masculine?" She asked & Catra shook her head.

"What makes you think that?"

"Your... your undercut. Most men that I see have that style." Adora said climbing up the ladder & into the tank.

"Yeah, it's pretty popular," Catra admitted feeling the back of her hair. Catra followed her & closed the top of the tank.

"Uh, thanks for taking... taking care of me," Adora said clearing her throat. Adora & Catra locked eyes making Adora blush. Why is she so... captivating!?

"I'll uh see you later for dinner, bye!" Catra said quickly unlocking the door. Adora noticed her rushing & shrugged before she started humming. Catra stopped & turned around with admiration in her eyes. Adora stopped & became concerned.

"Catra? Are you alright?"

"Your voice," She muttered before shaking her head. I'm fine. She thought before the door opened. Catra waved to Adora & she waved back. After Catra left she went upstairs to Bow.

"Hi! How'd it go?" He asked from the kitchen.

"Better," Catra responded rubbing her neck.

"See! She's not so bad!" Glimmer said walking into the room.

"She did think I was a man though." She muttered & Glimmer laughed.

"That's not funny!" Catra hissed making Glimmer laugh harder. Catra groaned & Bow chuckled.

"Well, I think you should keep her company!" He said & Catra choked on her water.

"What!? Why me!" She asked wiping her mouth.

"Because~ I don't want her to be lonely! Besides, I steer the ship & Glimmer... is being Glimmer." Bow said & Catra sighed.

"Fine, but don't expect me to make out or whatever." She said growling slightly.

"I won't!" Bow said & Catra went downstairs, probably to take a catnap. It was silent until Glimmer smiled deviously.

"50 bucks they'll be dating by the end of this trip."