Chapter 4: The Search

The next day Catra woke up & trudged out of bed.

"Another day," She mumbled opening up the door. She rubbed her eyes & was startled by where she was. Adora blushed & waved slightly.

"Um hey,"

"Sorry! I must've been too tired to notice, I'll go now!" Catra said & immediately ran out.

"Huh, does she... not like me?" Adora whispered to herself.

"How did I mess up that bad!?" Catra said in the middle of freaking out.

"Pfft, embarrassed yourself in front of your crush?" Glimmer teased & Catra turned around.

"S-Sparkles, nows not the time!" Catra said & her eye twitched.

"Ugh, why am I freaking out!?" She said & Bow walked in.

"Good morning everyone-"

"BOW!!" Bow flinched & faced his girlfriend.

"Yes, Glimmer?" He asked & she moved her head to Catra.

"Please help her calm down."

"But-"

"I'm fine!" Catra yelled before storming out of the room.

"She's not fine... is she?" Bow asked & Glimmer shook her head. Bow scurried downstairs & knocked on her door.

"Catra?" He asked cracking the door open. A book came flying his way & he moved his head just in time.

"Catra it's just me!" He said walking in. She looked up & huffed.

"Sorry, thought you were Glimmer." She muttered in response & Bow sat next to her.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothings wrong I just... I don't know." She said finishing with a sigh.

"Is it Adora?" Bow asked & Catra looked away when she felt the blush rise to her face.

"It is!" Bow squealed & she growled making him scooch away.

"Sorry,"

"Is it her though?" He asked & she looked at him.

"I think so," She admitted looking at the door.

"What are your thoughts?"

"Thoughts?" Catra asked & he nodded.

"On her," He said & Catra thought for a moment.

"I can't stop thinking of her... it's like I'm hypnotized." She said & her ear twitched. Bow noticed & they looked up & noticed the door being opened.

"Uh, we have a problem." Glimmer said & she looked very worried. Catra & Bow locked eyes nervously before getting up. Bow & Catra followed Glimmer upstairs.

"Uh oh," Bow muttered when he saw the huge Horde symbol on the ship.

"Shit, I'll be back!" Catra said running downstairs.

"Adora!?" She yelled opening the door.

"Hm?" The mermaid turned around confused.

"What's wr-"

"Don't make a sound!" She said & Adora's expression dropped.

"N-Not in a mean way, it's for your safety!" She assured before closing the door. Adora smiled & blushed.

"My safety, huh... she does care." She muttered looking at the door. Catra ran back upstairs & locked eyes with her.

"Well well well, long time no see." She said walking onto their yacht.

"Lonnie," Catra replied crossing her arms.

"Aw, don't be like that." She replied with a smirk.

"What are you doing on a yacht?"

"Why does it matter to you?" Catra snapped & Lonnie held her hands up.

"You hate water, so it must be serious."

"Ugh, we don't have time for you." Glimmer said but the rest of Hordak's crew stepped on their ship.

"What do you want?" Glimmer asked & Lonnie smiled deviously.

"We want to have some beer together."

"No." Glimmer blatantly replied.

"Oh please, like Catra isn't thinking it over," Lonnie said motioning towards the feline.

"I-" Catra didn't want to agree but a part of her wants to. But Adora. She could be in danger. Catra thought before shaking her head.

"Why? You have something to hide?" Kyle asked & Lonnie smiled, catching on to what he was saying.

"Or... someone." Catra's eyes widened & she stepped back.

"Catra?" Glimmer asked then her ear twitched.

"Lonnie they have the mermaid!" Rogelio shouted & her eyes widened.

"What?! GET IT NOW!!"

"NO!!" Catra ran downstairs with Lonnie. Kyle went to open the door but she tackled him.

"Catra-" She lifted him & slammed him against the wall making him pass out. She turned her head & grabbed Rogelio's wrist.

"Not a chance." She snarled kicking him down. He ended up grabbing her shirt & they both fell. Catra quickly got up as well as Rogelio. Catra turned around & pulled Lonnie back. Rogelio grabbed her wrist & twisted it making Catra fall.

"Aw, shit." She muttered feeling her wrist. Lonnie grabbed her shirt & lifted her.

"Well looks like we win," Lonnie said wearing a cocky smile.

"I don't think so." They turned their head & their eyes widened.

"Adora?!" Catra asked. How did she get out? Catra thought when Lonnie pulled out her sword. Adora summoned her trident & the two dueled.

"Woah," Catra muttered. Rogelio glanced at Catra & she growled making him leave. Adora finally won & Lonnie ran away.

"Are you ok?" Adora asked holding her hand out. Catra blushed but took her hand anyway. Adora hoisted her up & the two locked eyes. Adora blushed & Catra blushed harder before they walked into the tank room.

"Thanks for helping me," Catra whispered.

"No problem, we stick together." She said & Catra smiled.

"Yeah, stick together." She muttered & Adora went back into the tank. When her body was submerged her tail came back.

"But how'd you get out?" Catra asked rubbing her arm.

"I uh f-figured a way out."

"You won't... escape will you?" Catra asked nervously. Adora's eye widened & her expression changed.

"Why? You want to turn me in?" She spat & Catra shook her head.

"N-No! I want you here... with me." She finished & Adora blushed. She wasn't expecting that at all but it made her happy nonetheless. 

"Y-Yeah, unless you don't want to!" Catra panicked & Adora shook her head.

"I like staying here!"

"Really?" Catra asked & she nodded.

"Mostly because of you," Adora admitted & Catra blushed harder.

"T-Thanks I uh didn't now you f-felt that way." Catra stuttered rubbing her neck.

"Are you ok? Your really red." Adora asked & Catra chuckled nervously.

"Me? I- pfft I'm fine!"

"Uh, ok?" Adora wasn't sure if she truly was but agreed anyway.

"Ima go now!" Catra squeaked before leaving the room in a hurry. Catra hurried upstairs & Glimmer turned her head.

"You good?" Glimmer asked putting her book down.

"Oh my god, I think I love her?!"