Chapter 11: She Isn't Breathing

Around 5:00 PM

Catra woke up from her alarm & got dressed. She met up with Glimmer & Bow before they got into the car & drove off.

Adora waited patiently for the men to pick up the tank & eventually they did. She looked through the glass & saw the town. Its beautiful. She thought before she saw a truck pull up.

"There you are, come now she is here." Prime said motioning towards Adora.

"Thank you," Octavia said before she ordered the men to load Adora into the back.

"Hehe, its ours! Finally!" Kyle cheered before Lonnie slapped his back.

"Shut up Kyle you didn't do shit!" Lonnie said before Rogelio slapped her back.

"Dont talk to him like that." Rogelio said before Octavia slapped his back.

"Shut up guys." She scolded before Adora was fully loaded into the truck.

"She didn't come." Adora mumbled before the door shut. The truck soon took off & Adora sighed.

The three watched the truck take off & followed after it. Catra climbed out of Glimmer's car window & jumped onto the back of the truck before crawling onto the roof. She looked around before finding a hatch. She gave Glimmer a thumbs up signaling Glimmer to drive Bow to his area.

"Bingo," Catra muttered twisting the hatch open. She hoped inside & saw Adora.

"Hey, Adora!" She whispered & the mermaid turned around.

"Catra!?" Adora said shocked. Catra nodded & opened the tank.

"What are you doing?!"

"Getting you out of here." She said before Adora changed her tail into feet. The two climbed out & stood on top of the truck. Catra glanced at the road & noticed the body of water as well as the turn.

"What now!?" Adora asked & Catra looked up at the building. Bow was in his position.

"Hold on," Catra muttered holding onto Adora's hand. Just before the turn came Catra saw an arrow wiz by before hitting the back right tire.

"Hey whatever happens... just know I love you." Catra said & Adora nodded.

"I love you too," She said before the truck swerved. Catra & Adora jumped off of the truck & splashed into the water. Bow winced & Glimmer's eyes widened.

"Is she dead!? That hit was high & hard!" Glimmer asked before the two climbed down the ladder. They got into the car & drove towards the water.

"Catra!" Bow called out.

When the two hit the water Adora changed back into her tail & dove inside. She poked her head up & smiled.

"It actually worked oh my gosh!? I'm alive! Catra!" She looked around & her smiled faded.

"Catra? Where are you- no," She dove underwater & saw Catra's body going further & further underwater. Adora swam as fast as she could & grabbed her arms before swimming back up.

"Catra!? Catra are you ok? Please answer me!?" She panicked before Bow & Glimmer approached the water.

"Is she ok?!" Glimmer asked & her expression faltered when she saw tears in Adora's eyes.

"S-She's not breathing." Adora said & Bow cried.

"No... of course we didn't think this through enough!" Glimmer said as tears came down.

"Wait... there's one thing I can try." Adora said & she concentrated. Soon enough a golden glow came from her hands before she put it over Catra's heart. Catra's body emitted a golden glow before it disappeared. They waited but nothing.

"Is she..."

"I'm sorry," Adora muttered before Catra started to spit out water.

"Ugh,"

"CATRA!!" The three said in unison.

"H-Hey guys," She said before coughing out more water.

"Are you ok?" Glimmer asked & she nodded.

"Yeah I-I'm fine."

"Glad your back Catra!" Bow said pulling her into a hug.

"Hey Bowsive,"

"And thank you, Adora." She said before the two shared a kiss. Adora blushed when they separated & smiled.

"Thank you for saving me."

"Team effort." Catra said but Glimmer shook her head.

"Catra wanted to save you the most, without her this idea wouldn't have been possible." Glimmer said & Bow agreed.

"Aw you guys, thats so sweet." Adora said making Catra smile smiled. Catra stood up before falling back down.

"Jesus," She muttered clutching her stomach.

"You ok?" Glimmer asked kneeling down.

"Yeah no this hurts so badly." She said through her teeth. Adora understood what was happened & dragged her into the water.

"Adora?!" Bow screeched before Catra swam back up.

"I'm fine the pain stopped though." Catra said going towards the sand. When she came out her eyes widened.

"I have... a mermaid tail!?"

"Right um when I revived you I gave you some of my mermaid powers so you can change just like me." Adora said leaving Catta shocked.

"What!? B-But how can I change back!?" Catra panicked while watching her tail move.

"You have to concentrate if you panic it won't work." Adora said as soothingly as possible.

"Ok... ok," Catra muttered closing her eyes. A few seconds later her tail disappeared.

"Woah it worked!" Glimmer gushed & Catra sighed.

"Hey I couldn't thank you enough Adora." Catra said & they both blushed.

"No problem really, we stick together. Also since your naturally human you can change into mermaid just like me but vice versa."

"This amazing!" Catra said smiling wide.

"And I can visit you too! Awesome!" Catra said & her cat tail moved quickly from excitement.

"I love you so much Adora."

"I love you too Catra." Adora said & the two kissed before Glimmer gagged.

"Cheesy!"

"Cheesy or not its true." Catra said making Glimmer shrug.

"We'll let you guys have some time alone~"

"Yep! We'll be in the car waiting, take your time!" Bow said & the two left.

"Now, where were we?" Catra asked wrapping her arms around Adora's neck.

I know this story was short but it wasn't meant to be super long. Hope you enjoyed if not... don't tell me. Have a good day & as always, I'll see you in another book.