Part 4

"Well I think you should tell Paul about Jason harassing you

"Well I think you should tell Paul about Jason harassing you. He's been doing it since day one. He gives me the fucking creeps."

Jen visibly shuddered to prove her point, and we both looked across the crowded airport to see Jason making his way over, dragging his suitcase behind him. He came to a stop in front of us both, smiling, but I detected a slight smirk when his eyes raked over me.

"Ladies..." he addressed us both. "This visit will definitely be a little different to the last time I visited the Dam."

He mimed smoking a spliff and I rolled my eyes. "Don't even think about it. We've all got to keep clear heads. There's lives at stake here."

Jason opened his mouth to speak but at that point we were beckoned to the desk to check in.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I got my boarding pass and I was seated next to Jen. The thought of Jason leering over me for the duration of the flight was unbearable. I'd questioned Paul's decision to include him on the assignment but I'd been overruled.

Jen was probably right. Jason had acted inappropriately towards me since he'd taken the job two years ago and he was steadily getting worse. He was your typical entitled, misogynistic piece of shit who thought that a women's place was in the kitchen or the bedroom. I'd thought at first he'd taken a dislike to me because he hated to see a woman doing well in what he termed a 'man's job', but it had soon become apparent that his disdain ran deeper than that. He'd definitely singled me out. That much had become obvious when he'd pressed me up against the wall at the works Christmas party and snaked his hand up my skirt, telling me that I needed a 'good fucking by a real man' to bring me down a peg or two. What he hadn't counted on was my fiery temperament, and a swift knee to his groin had left him limping away with more than just a bruised ego. But rather than this putting him off it only made things worse.

In this day and age women shouldn't stand for harassment at work, and I should have really reported him, but there was something about the thought of doing it that made me feel weak. I never asked for help. I liked to sort out my own shit, fight my own battles. Jason just wasn't a priority at the moment.