Part 10

My unease grew as Jason stood over me, but I wasn't going to let it show

"Are you going to cut me free then or what?" I said harshly, again raising up my bound wrists behind my back, cursing inside as the coat the police officer had draped around my shoulders slipped down to the floor, exposing me again.

Jason didn't move to help me, he just stayed right where he was, his eyes moving over my body hungrily. It made my skin crawl.

"Jason!" I shouted. "I've got no fucking circulation in my hands!"

He shook his head slowly, grinning, like he took pleasure in my discomfort. "You're gonna answer some questions first Lyla. See, I don't know if I can trust you anymore. I'm not sure what side you're actually on here."

Anxiety tore through me, but I maintained a neutral expression. "What the fuck are you talking about? You need to forget about this pathetic theory of yours. Look at me! Do I really look like I'm on Van's side? What the hell are you suspicious of anyway? Look at the state of this place! He went crazy! He wanted me to give him details of all the undercover agents. He was going to interrogate me for christ's sake."

I thought I sounded convincing, I'd always thought I was a good actress, but it was obviously going to take more than acting to convince Jason. He looked around the chaos in the kitchen, took in the ruined furniture and the broken glass, the bullet lodged in the kitchen cabinet, but still he shook his head. I watched as he reached for an overturned chair, righted it and turned it round, then sat on it, leaning forward, his eyes dark and accusing as he loomed over me.

"I thought McCann's usual interrogation methods involved removing body parts... not clothing!" He scoffed, eyes trailing over my underwear-clad form. "Why you Lyla? Why does he keep coming to you?"

"I don't fucking know do I?" This time I wasn't acting, the bewilderment that I felt was entirely real. "All I know was that if the police hadn't shown up when they did I would more than likely be dead right now."

Jason sat back then, reclined in the chair. "Well you can thank your neighbour for calling them. Mrs Robinson? She lives in the next door apartment. She heard some commotion, things being thrown around, shouting, possible gun fire."

"Yes Jason... gun fire!" I said, emphasising the words. "I've had to fight for my life tonight. Now get these fucking things off me NOW!"

Anger was bubbling up inside me and I welcomed it. Anger was good. I could focus on that rather than the shame I felt.

Still Jason didn't react, his eyes slipping down from mine and moving along my body once again. He licked his lips and the action made me shudder internally. "Thought you liked this kinda thing? Heard you like being tied up... thought it turned you on?"