~Chapter Five~

Kylie's Pov
   We had been watching Mickey for hours. I finally decided that it was a good time for me to head home. I threw on a pair of Soda's sweats and walked to my car. Soda followed me. I went to get in but he stopped me. "I think you are forgetting something." He grinned at me and leaned in. I dodged him and laughed. "Oh my goodness. I forgot to say goodbye." I ran past him and back into the house. "I forgot to say goodbye. I'll see y'all later, hopefully." They all waved goodbye and I ran back out. Soda was leaned against my car, waiting for me. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He grabbed my hips and just looked into my eyes. He pulled me closer to him and kissed me. We held the kiss for what felt like forever. I finally pulled away and stared at him. "I'll see you in a bit," I said unwrapping my arms. "Don't miss me too much," he said with a smirk. "Ooh. That's gonna be hard." I laughed and pecked him one more time. I got in my car and drove away. I watched as he waved me goodbye. I pulled up to my house and went straight inside. My parents were watching TV and my brother was eating pancakes. My dad stood up. "I warned you missy." He was real angry. "Dad, don't worry. I stayed the night at Mindy's," I said without thinking. I don't know anyone named Mindy. "Who is Mindy?" My mom said. "She's new. I invited her to the lake and went back to her place afterwards." My heart was pounding. I was about to get caught. "Ok. But tell us next time before you go. We were worried sick," my mom said trying to calm down. I went upstairs and laid down on my bed. I just thought to my self about my time with Soda last night. He is perfect. Just perfect. I think I. I think I'm in love with him. My thoughts were interrupted by my brother. "Does this Mindy girl have a brother?" He said leaning against the door frame. "No. Why do you ask that?" I looked at him confused. "Because look at what you are wearing. You can trick mom and dad. But you can't trick me." His tone raised. I looked at myself in the mirror. I completely forgot I was wearing Soda's shirt and sweats. I sighed knowing I was done. "You could of told me you had a boyfriend. That would explain why you've been gone," he said moving to my bed. I sighed in relief, but he didn't know that. "Please don't tell mom and dad," I begged. "I wasn't going to anyways. Just be careful. I trust you. But just remember, nothing crazy." I nodded and he got up and left. I almost just got caught. My head was spinning, but all I could think about was Soda.

Sodapop's Pov
   I was staring at the wall of my room. All I could think about was Kylie. She is perfect. Just perfect. I think I. I think I'm in love with her. My thoughts were interrupted by Pony. "Whatcha thinking about?" I looked over at Pony, snapping out of my daze. "Umm. Nothing," I sighed and laid back onto my bed. "Liar. I was asking to see if you'd tell me the truth. I know you are thinking about Kylie, and I know why. I can see right through you Soda. I know you do. I know you love her," he told me. I sat up and looked at him. I didn't blink once. "Is it that easy to tell?" He laughed and I grinned. "Yeah, kinda," he smiled. "But I know she loves you too. You guys are drawn to each other. I think it was fate that brought her to the DX." I smiled and began thinking about her again. Pony left and I guess I fell asleep thinking about her. He was right. I don't think I love her. I do love her.

Kylie's Pov
   I walked downstairs and looked around. Samuel was sitting on the couch. "Hey, Sam, where is mom and dad?" He looked at me. "They left for a date." I smiled. "Well tell them I am staying the night at Mindy's." He smiled and winked at me. "Sure. Remember to be smart about what you do." I nodded and headed off to my car. I jumped in and drove over to Soda's. I got out and went into the house. Darry and Pony were on the couch. They looked up at me and pointed towards the bedroom. Was it that obvious I missed Soda? I headed for his room. I slowly opened the door. He was asleep. I sat on his bed and looked at him. He's so cute when he sleeps. I smiled and got under the covers. I snuggled into him and he smiled, draping his arm over me. "Oh, how I missed you." I kissed him and closed my eyes.

Sodapop's Pov
   When I woke up, Kylie was snuggled into my chest. I smiled and began to play with her hair. I love this girl. That thought ran through my head over and over again. I kissed her forehead and whispered. "I love you." She smiled. Damn it. She is awake. Please don't reject me. She then whispered back. "I love you too." She loves me. She really does.