🌿

The tour went smoothly without any probles. Rei showed the new girls the kitchen, the dining hall, and the workers wing where the castles regular employees slept.

Both Mina and Ochaco had applied to be maids of the castle whilst Kandace applied to be the castles florist.

Of course maids took care of not only the castle but the royal members of it. Cooking, tidying up and cleaning were, of course, the jobs of a castle maid.

Kandace's all time favorite hobby back at home was taking care of plants and animals, so the florist position fit her perfectly. Florists arrange and sell flowers that they've grown themselves or bought from a shop. The arrangements are made for important occasions like weddings, social gatherings or holidays.

So, apart of the tour was the castle gardens and greenhouse. Since Kandace worked in a different area then the maids, her room was in a spot close to the greenhouse and right above the garden. She saw that her room had already had a plate next to the door with her name on it. She noticed the room next to hers was occupied. The name plate read "Midoriya".

"My room is over here?" Kandace asked.

"Yes! It's closer to your work space so I hope you'll find it convenient." Rei added.

"Oh, yes of course! Thank you." She answered with a kind smile.

"Alright well I'll leave you girls to it! Your work starts first thing in the morning so I expect you all to be prepared." The trio nodded and gave a final bow before Rei left. Just as she was leaving, a door in the hallway where Kandaces room was opened suddenly to reveal Prince Todoroki. Mina and Ochaco noticed this and couldn't help but stare, practically having hearts in their eyes.

K: "What are you two looking at?"
M+O: "Turn around!"

Kandace craned her head around and noticed the Prince staring back at her.

Todoroki's POV

I sat outside my room on the ledge of the balcony, staring out at the castle gardens beneath me. A hedge maze sat in the middle of it all with the plants surrounding it. There were many variations of plants and flowers that were all beautiful. They reminded of the girl I had met earlier this week. Kandace. Such a strange yet gorgeous name. She'd had a flower in her hair the first time I saw her. I wonder if she likes them. I smiled to myself.

"Maybe I can try to see her again today, the weather is nice, my father isn't around at the moment and Midoriya is off training with the rest of the castle knights…"

Yea…that's a great idea! I closed the balcony doors and started toward the door. I could hear muffled talking on the other side, it sounded like my mom.  I remembered something Midoriya had told me the other day.

*"Well, the queen is recruiting new castle staff members soon? Maybe we can make some new friends!"

Todoroki flopped back on his bed with his usual unamused expression.

"Sure." Was all he muttered.*

That must be what she's doing right now…

Once I was sure the talking stopped I exited my room. I began walking to the right in an attempt to leave but there were 3 girls in the way. 2 of them had brown hair which also reminded me of Kandace…maybe I missed her more than I thought.

One of the girls turned her head around and now I had a perfect view. Ocean blue orbs, bridge of the nose and cheeks covered in freckles.

Just like her…

"Kandace?"

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿