chapter 6 - envelope

He reached into his pocket and pulled out the crumpled piece of paper. He made himself a cup of coffee and settled down on the sofa.

     Staring down at the piece of paper, he straightened it out. He re-read everything on it, flipping it over and over again. And every time he read the line of words at the back, Adrian's voice would appear in his head.

     "How annoying." Zayne grumbled and threw the piece of paper onto the coffee table. He grabbed a book he's been reading and picked up from where he left off, to pass the time and get his mind off of the meeting later. He didn't exactly have a good feeling about it.

     A few hours later, Zayne was in his car on the way to the address he was given. He stopped in front of a two storey house which was the biggest one on the block.

     He pulled up on the side of the street and got out of the car, making his way up the path to Adrian's front door. He hesitated at the door. This was no normal man, this was an infamous Mafia boss. Zayne knew he was in over his head, he was starting to have second thoughts now. But he needed the information, there wasn't really much of a choice. He took a breath and knocked on the door. He would just get this done as soon as possible and leave.

     In a moment, someone opened the door. "Good evening sir, you are?" It was the Butler. Zayne cleared his throat. "Ah yes, I'm meeting Mr Lorenzo at 8?" He said, sounding very formal. The butler took a look at him and stepped aside, letting Zayne in. "You must be Mr Sterling. Welcome in, please follow me."

     Zayne nodded at him and stepped inside. The butler shut the door and led Zayne thought the living room and up the flight of stairs. "In there Mr sterling. Mr Lorenzo will be here shortly."

     A few rooms down the hall he held a door open for Zayne. Again, Zayne nodded at him and stepped in. He didn't really know what else he was suppose to do. The butler slightly bowed and closed the door, leaving Zayne alone in the room. He took a look around, it looked like a hotel room. Adrian was quite rich.

     He walked over to the foot of the bed and sat down, thinking about how things would go down that evening as someone opened the door.

     It was Adrian, he had a big brown envelope in his hands. He shut the door and made his way over to Zayne, handing him the envelope. This was easier than Zayne thought it would be. He reached for it only for Adrian to pull it out of his grasps. "Like I said before, nothing is for free." Of course it wasn't going to be that easy. Zayne sighed and stood up.

     "Right, what do you want." Zayne asked, tired of his games when this one had just barely begun. Zayne had no idea what he was in for.

     Adrian turned away and started to walk around the room. Putting the envelope on some furniture as he took of his coat and hung it on the rack by the door, leaving him in a white button up shirt, black vest and tie.

     "Let me fuck you." He said as he picked the envelope back up. Zayne started to laugh, thinking that this was some way Adrian was messing with him, to make a fool out of him. It was quite the opposite, Adrian was not joking. "Is it that funny? I'm being serious here." Adrian said to him as he walked over, unbuttoning his vest.

     Zayne stopped laughing and glared at him. "No way in hell." This guy has a messed up sense of humor. "You came all this way for this, didn't you." Adrian came up to him and waved the envelope around.

     "It would be a shame to leave without it. Am I right?" He went on as he pulled the envelope out of Zayne's grasp again. He was right, Zayne did need the information or he would not have came all this way.