Small Talk and A Game of Mercy

Opening the elevator doors was like opening a floodgate. Everyone stumbled out, tripping over each other. They all sat outside of the elevator for a second, hands on their knees, panting.

  "Why are we so out of breath from an elevator ride?" Swagger complained.

  "Because we had to be with Mason's annoying ass." Toby ran a hand through her hair.

  Mason playfully stuck his tongue out at her, and then grabbed Y/N's shoulders. He ducked his head over her shoulder and smiled. Y/N was slightly caught off guard, and squinted angrily at him.

  "What are you doing." She said sternly, placing her own hands on top of his.

  "Lead the way to reception m'lady." He squinted back, and showed a toothy smile.

  Y/N pivoted and grabbed his hands facing him. There was a flash of surprise on his face, and them pain as Y/N twisted his hands back.

  "What the fuck?" His jaw tightened. Quickly, Mason broke free and shook his hands in relief.

  "You touch me at all without my permission. I play Mercy. Got it?" Y/N was stern, and stared into Mason's soul as he rubbed his wrists.

  "Yeah, fine. Sure." He said meekly.

  She suddenly showed a bright smile and skipped over to Matt again. She stood on her tiptoes and fluffed his hair, giggling.

  "You're very pretty Matt." She said sweetly. Matt looked shocked after watching the last encounter.

  "The same for you?" He questioned, even though it was very much not a question.

  "Bitch." Mason spat.

  "Hey! I'm here to defuse this mess. Let's just go find Fitz, please." Jay ran in between Y/N and Mason, placing his hands as to stop two wild dogs from fighting.

  "Sure thing. Matt, is it okay if I hold your hand?" Her expression changed vibrantly after each sentence.

  "Oh- Um. Okay." He looked just as confused as everyone else.

  Y/N giggled and held his hand. She started walking ahead and pretended not to see everyone else's confused expressions.

 It had been a while since she could have some fun like this. And it was going well. Very well.

  "So, tell me about Fitz." Y/N glanced at the rest of the Misfits.

  "Well, he's an asshole." Jay checked his phone.

  Swagger nodded, "Always high."

  "So like Mason?" Y/N snickered.

  Mason stopped walking, "Hey! I'm not high right now!" But his statement had a slight hint of a joke.

  Toby smirked, "I disagree."

  "Spilling all my secrets ya fucking dog." Mason rolled his eyes and kept walking.

  Eventually, they stopped at the reception booth. There was some brief communication, and they found out he was staying in the room next to Y/N's. They laughed heartily at the misunderstanding, and headed back to the cramped elevator.

  "No, we are not doing this again." Jay sighed. "Split up, some people take the stairs." He motioned over to the group.

  Mason raised his hand, "Yeah I'll walk. Swags and Matt can as well." Swagger and Matt glared at him.

 "Cool." Y/N smiled, already stepping into the elevator. "Race ya."

  That was a mistake, as Mason started sprinting up the stairs. Matt an Swagger comically looked at each other, and ran up after him. Toby smiled and pushed the button as the doors closed.