Chapter 19: Casual Saturdays

Chapter 19

“Good morning.” I said happily, smiling down at the mess of blonde hair resting on my chest. 

Carly just mumbled something, reaching up to cover my mouth with her hand. 

“Too early...” She groaned. 

“It’s noon.” I laughed. 

“Shh... Let’s just sleep.” She whispered, sleepily turning her head to look at me. “Hey your face isn’t too bad.” 

I laughed. “Well thanks?” I raised my eyebrows. 

“No, silly. You barely look like he hit you.” Carly said, pulling the blankets on my bed up farther. “It’s cold.” 

“Put some clothes on.” I laughed. “Wait, no don’t. Don’t put clothes on.” I shook my head quickly. 

Carly just laughed, resting her head on my shoulder. 

“What are we doing today?” She asked curiously. 

“The guys will be here in about 10 minutes to watch the game. Brian will barbecue because I don’t feel like barbecuing today. And we’ll just hang out here.” I replied. 

“Just guys?” Carly frowned. 

“Nah the cheer girls will be here too.” I replied, tracing my finger down her bare back. 

“Katie?” Carly asked excitedly. 

“Nope. She’ll be with Kent today.” I replied with a shrug. 

“Jess?” 

“Absolutely.” I nodded. 

Carly grinned. “Yay.” 

“So we should probably get up before they get here.” I nodded, sitting up. 

“Good idea.” Carly laughed. 

Just as I got out of the bed, I heard the front door open and Dane’s voice came through my house. 

“Who’s ready for a good ole Saturday at the Charlestons!” He called loudly. 

“Shut up they’re probably sleeping.” I heard Hannah laugh. 

“Get dressed. Now.” I said to Carly, quickly pulling a pair of jeans up my legs as I heard footsteps coming down the hall. 

“Hey.” I said, quickly slipping out of the room before they could walk in. 

“Where’s your shirt?” Hannah raised her eyebrows. 

“In there.” I said, pointing behind me. 

“Where’s Carly?” Dane raised his eyebrows. 

“In there.” I repeated, pointing behind me again. 

“Alright then. We’ll be out back. Want me to get the grill started?” Dane asked, holding up the bags of food he’d brought. 

I nodded. “We’ll be out in a sec.” I said before sliding back into the room. 

Carly was completely dressed. 

I raised my eyebrows. “That was like less than minute.” I laughed as she tied her hair up in a ponytail. 

“I’m good like that.” She laughed. She was wearing leggings and a white sweater. 

“But change your shirt.” I said, tossing a Longhorns t-shirt in her direction. 

“You didn’t make me wear one last time we watched the Longhorns game?” Carly raised her eyebrows. 

“You’re in Texas now, babe.” I laughed, pulling a Longhorns t-shirt over my own head.