Chapter 27: Hospitals

Chapter 27

"You okay? You weren't at work this morning." I frowned as Carly sat down next to me at the lunch table.

"Yea I think I must have had something bad to eat over the weekend, food poisoning or something." Carly said with a soft smile. "I feel totally better now though."

"You were sick?" I frowned, scanning her face. Carly nodded.

"I'm fine now though. I threw up this morning but I feel a lot better now." Carly mumbled, taking a bite of her bagel.

"Just a bagel?" I frowned.

"Trust me, if I eat anything else I'll get sick." Carly sighed, leaning back in her chair.

"You sure you're okay?" I asked with worry.

"I'm okay I'm okay." Carly nodded, giving me a soft smile. "Don't you worry about me."

"Of course I worry about you.. I-"

"So! I heard a rumor this weekend." Hank said, directly at me.

I raised my eyebrows.

"And what would this rumor be?" I laughed.

"Well Dane told me that Hannah told him that Katie told Hannah that Jess told Katie that you told her that you and Carly got engaged or whatever." Hank said, a smirk on his face.

"Jess told who?" I laughed, unable to follow his train of gossip.

"Jess told Katie who told Hannah who told Dane who told me." Hank explained.

"Well I mean it took you guys long enough to notice the massive rock on her hand." Amy giggled, shaking her head.

"You guys are engaged?!" Nolan exclaimed.

"Like for real?!" Hank laughed.

"For real." I nodded, grinning at Carly.

She gave me a wink before putting down her bagel in disgust.

"You okay?" I asked softly.

Carly nodded.

"My stomach is just a bit upset." She sighed, pulling out her phone. "You know what? I think I'm actually going to go home..." She said, turning to look at me.

"Do you want me to bring you anything?" I asked softly as she stood up from the table.

She shook her head, giving me a quick kiss on the lips.

"I'm just going to sleep for the rest of the day, I'll see you tomorrow alright?" Carly smiled.

"Feel better!" I called over my shoulder.

I sighed, looking down at my sandwich.

"Where's Brian today?" Hank asked curiously.

"Jess came into town for the weekend and she's flying home tonight so Brian's with her." I replied, taking a bite of my sandwich.

The rest of the day was nowhere near as fun as it would've been if Carly had been there...

I was constantly worried about her, but she wasn't answering my texts.

After football practice, I was tempted to drive over to her house, but I didn't want to seem pushy.

So I just drove home, knowing that I'd see Carly tomorrow or I'd call her later.

But she was sitting on the couch next to my grandma, watching my grandma's latest television show.

"Hey! Babe how are you feeling?" I said with a smile, walking over to the couch.