Chapter 32: Breakdown

Chapter 32

"What is all of this?" I laughed, wrapping my arm around Carly's shoulders as we walked in through the doors of school.

"Nice." I heard Brian laugh from behind us.

There were posters up all around the athletic hallway, each football player had a poster with their number on it and messages written on it from the cheer leaders.

There was a big poster that said 'Go Hawks!' and the school colors were everywhere.

"It's just everybody cheering on our amazing football team." Carly grinned, looking up at me.

"Cool." I grinned, pulling my girlfriend closer to me. "You'll wear my jersey on Saturday right? All the guys are making their girlfriends do it."

"You better wash it." Carly grimaced.

"Of course." I laughed. "Hannah and Jess are coming in with the guys on Thursday so you'll be able to hang out with them during the game. But you gotta take grandma too."

"Okay, Matt Saracen." Carly winked.

"Oh please don't compare me to that idiot." I groaned, shaking my head.

"Whatever." Carly laughed. "But where is everybody staying?"

"Uh, Dane is staying with me and Brian, and I think Hannah and Jess are staying at our place too, and then Nick and Austin are staying at Hanks." I told her.

Carly's eyes filled with jealousy.

"Hannah is staying at your house?" Carly asked quietly.

"Yea in the basement with Dane. They're together now or whatever. There's nothing to be jealous about." I rolled my eyes. "Besides, she could sleep in my bed naked and I wouldn't do anything because I've got a beautiful fiancé who is carrying my child." I reassured her.

Carly stuck her tongue out at me, bumping my hip with hers.

I instantly winced, my hand flying down to my side as pain shot through it.

"Jason." Carly frowned. "Shit I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. This idiot still hasn't told coach that his hip freaken dislocated two days ago." Brian said, forcefully slamming his hands down on my shoulders.

I winced again.

"Your hip dislocated? What are you, a grandpa?" Carly teased.

I glared at her.

"Not funny." I shook my head.

"No you see in our sophomore year, this idiot tries to do a flip off of the diving board, lands on the side of the pool, and tears a few ligaments in his hip." Brian said. "He got surgery but was playing on it a month later. Ever since then, it likes to pop out of place every once in a while and when it does, little old Jason is supposed to ice it, rest it for a week, and go see the doctor."

"It's states." I hissed. "I can't sit out for a week!"

"You're going to get hurt."

"If I sit out then my season is over." I shoved him off of me.

"Jason if it's what you're supposed to-"

"Oh my gosh you people are pissing me off just leave me alone thanks." I hissed, walking away from both of them.

I'd had enough of the shit I was getting everywhere.

I was under so much damn pressure right now it was unbelievable.