Chapter 24: My runaway's Caramel

Miguel POV

I lay on the bed with my shirtless abs touched the foam. I completely buried my face on the pillow but my mind doesn't allow me to rest. I even asked one of my friends to trace her location through her number but to no avail as she turned off her phone.

I groaned as the ringtone blasted through the room. Lazily, I pulled my face away from the soft pillow that doesn't help much to make me rest. I glanced over to the screen and the name that appeared on it made me anticipate the news.

"Tell me something good." I immediately spoke while adjusted my position on the bed.

"Just like what you want." My friend over the line answered in a happy tone.

"Say it." I urged as my temper failed to stir in me.

"I found her. Luck is on your side, her line was back and I'm able to trace her through her number. She is somewhere not far from you. I will send you the address shortly."

"Great! I have waited for this like a century." I said honestly, at least for now I got some direction to start my mission to look for my runaway's Caramel.

I ended the call after talked for a while with him. I quickly looked over to my phone for the address.

"Beach?" I looked at the address in disbelief. "How could you, Caramel, having fun on the beach while torturing me to death?" I mumbled while getting ready to where she was. I took a shirt and put it on my body and making it covered my bare skin perfectly.

"I'm going to add more fun to your vacation, Caramel."

Scarlet POV

"Scarlet, I swear if you are in front of me right now, I'm going to kill you!" That was the first sentence that touched my eardrum once the line was connected.

"What a nice greeting, babe. You just make me feel right to leave the city." I laughed as I said that but I could sense her anger even though we were so far away from each other.

"This is not something funny, babe. Do you know how worried I am? How could you leave without saying anything? You almost killed me." I felt her genuine worried and that was something that made me felt bad sometimes.

"I'm sorry, okay? I want to let you know but at the same time I-"

"You want to avoid Miguel, is that so?" Her words seem to hit me at the right spot.

I blew out a heavy breath as if that can help me to solve everything that weighed me. "Things are getting a bit hard for me there and I don't think that city fit me nor I fit in that city. I found it suffocated. So, I decided to move out from there before I'm really dead." The image of Miguel's mom appeared in my mind as I mentioned the word 'suffocated'.

"You never mentioned anything to me before. Did you keep something away from me?" Due to the fact that we knew each other for a long time, it made it harder to hide or even fib to her. It wasn't all lies though, at least not the suffocated part.

"Seriously, I don't feel like I want to discuss it," I let her has some hint that I'm not ready to touch anything about that part. "Oh, by the way, I'm back in London and currently having some sort of vacation here on the beach. Guess what, I met Raymond here." I gushed with a little happiness crept into the pit of my stomach. At least, I have someone to talk to here.

"Raymond, your admirer?" I rolled my eyes at that word.

"Yeah, like you always claimed it to be," I chirped and continued to feed her with some interesting stories, "I'm going to have dinner with him later, and he will accompany me for another three days," I whispered the last part to make it sounds secretive.

She squealed on the other line which never failed to make me chuckle. As I expected, she just loved the romance part.

"Wait, no," she suddenly stopped.

"What?" I was confused.

"How about Miguel then? I want you to be with Miguel." Her words strike me hard, enough to make me speechless.

"Scarlet?"

"Yeah, still here. Nothing happened between both of us and not in the future too. You need to get rid of that thought from your little head. You imagine too much as a writer." I laughed a little, in an attempt to shield the real emotion behind.

"I got the feeling that both of you will be more than friends or more than boss and employee-"

"Like you and your boyfriend?" I teased her to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, sort of."

"I'm not one of the characters in your book, Cassandra. Office romance is not something for me. To add on, I don't have any feeling for him and I believed the same thing goes for him." I lied, not pointing out the part where he confessed to me in the park before this happened. It was still fresh in my mind and I think it will be the best memory that we shared.

"Whatever, I will still pray for that to be a reality. He is looking for you like an insane person." I'm not sure the reason but her statement caused my heart to dance a little but it quickly replaced with sadness as I realize I can't go back to him.

"We will continue to talk another time, okay babe? I need to get ready for dinner." I just want to end the topic related to Miguel.

"Okay, please keep in touch with me and don't you dare to off your phone again or else I'm going to fly to London!"

"Let's see if your overprotective boyfriend will allow that." I mocked with a peal of laughter that filled the room.

"Urgh! He will!" I heard her huffed.

"Don't worry, babe. I know how to take care of myself and I promise that I will report to you about all my activities here."

"You better do so."

We ended the phone afterward. I make my way to the bathroom and got myself under the shower after discarded the dress on my body. The warm water sent comfort to my body and I stayed there for a while wishing that it will make everything feel better although it seems impossible.

"Everything will get better, Scarlet." I persuade myself while letting the water run through me, wetting every inch of my skin.

************************************