Chapter 32: Loved to see your jealous face

Scarlet POV

"Look at us, two silly girls. We have the chance to ravish nice food and expensive wine, but we just let it slips away," I spill out the reality in a joking tone while taking a bit of the Hawaiian pizza that we ordered from the hotel. I told her the story about me and Miguel including his confession, stepmom, his grandpa's visit to the café, and lastly my real feeling for him. I didn't mention the word 'love' but mentioning the word 'like' definitely made her clear about my feeling for Miguel.

"You know, we still can return to that place if you regret it." She answered with her mouthful mouth.

"No, I'm not regretting about leaving that hall instead I regret about coming here. I shouldn't listen to Raymond's advice. I knew he meant good but who knows the reality is not that fascinating."

"So, now you really changed your mind about your intention to confess to Miguel?"

"What do you expect then? Walk into the hall and snatch him from that girl? Or should I just scream to the whole world that I like him and no one can touch him?"

"Badass! I like that idea. Maybe you can try, any of the choices will do." She giggled at that idea. I could see she already started to picture it in her head, what a good writer!

"Embarrassing myself and get my name to be the headline of the news tomorrow definitely not on my list."

"Then, what do you plan to do now?" She pouted.

"What else can I do? Book my ticket and going back to where I belong."

"Just like that?" She looked at me with knitted brows.

"Yeah, just like that." I chided in a deadpan voice.

"But, probably, that girl is not someone special to him. Maybe just a fling, a company partner or friend?" I could see that she wasn't sure about it either.

"I guess it doesn't matter now. I was late and nothing we can do anymore. Probably, this is the best, no need explanation from both of us."

"Do you want me to dig some information from Carlos? He might know something." I noticed the naughty smile plastered on her face.

"Look at you, really get under his skin." I couldn't resist teasing her.

"That's what boyfriend for, no?" A big naughty grin covered her face.

"Lucky of you!" I gushed and pushed her shoulder which made her giggled in satisfaction.

London

It has been three days since I'm back to London. I booked the ticket on the next day after the unattended charity event even though Cassandra pleaded with me countless times to stay for a few more days. Having the thought of meeting Miguel with the girl again made me stick to my mind. I don't want to put my unhealed heart at risk. It wasn't easy to recover and I'm not even reaching that point for now.

"Thanks for today, Michael. See you tomorrow."

"No problem, Scarlet. See ya!" We bid goodbye after closed the café. As usual, I walked to my apartment alone. Sometimes, I stopped on the way back home enjoying the street performance near my apartment. It's not like I have anyone that waiting for me at my home.

I was exhausted today and all I have in my mind at this moment was my comfy bed. Not long after that, I found myself outside my apartment and surprised by the light that brightening the room.

"Probably I forgot to turn it off this morning," I mumbled to myself, shoving the creepy thought away.

I walked to the kitchen and poured a glass of cold water. I brought it closer to my lips and gulped it in one goal.

"No, it was off when I arrived," the voice made me choked. I coughed so hard and immediately turned around to confirm the person that just spoken behind me.

"Wh-wha-what are you doing here?" I pressed on my chest and the coughs were slowly gone. He stood near the door; leaning towards the door frame with his hands tugged in his pockets. A white shirt and blue jeans that clutched onto his body made the view looked perfect.

"To meet you." He stared at me with an intense gaze and I looked away when the image of him in the charity event flashed back in my head.

"How did you enter?" I turned to gape at him again with confusion.

"The same way you entered earlier, with the key."

"Where do you get the key?"

"Cassandra." I rolled my eyes noticing one side of his mouth lifted into a semblance of a smile. I don't know what is in her mind. How could she pass the apartment key to Miguel without telling me?

"You can leave now, Miguel. I don't have anything to talk to you about. I'm tired and I need to sleep." I strode to my bedroom but was stopped by his strong arms. He placed his hand on the door frame, preventing me from entering.

"What?" I spat, tilted my head to look at him.

"We need to talk," he enunciated each word clearly and the firm expression was clear on his face.

"We don't have anything to talk about." I retorted.

"Come on, Caramel. You know that we have many unsettled issues. Don't be a stubborn girl, okay?" His hands caught my shoulder but I immediately slapped it away.

"Don't touch me and don't call me that name again." I pushed him away and stepped into my bedroom.

"Alright, take your time. I will talk to you when you're ready. It's not a big problem since we will become housemates till you are ready to talk to me. I will wait for you." His words surprised me and made me glanced at him abruptly. He stood at my bedroom door with his arms folded across his chest; a smirk on his face didn't go unnoticed.

"What? No! You're not going to stay here."

"Oh, yeah, I am. Sorry to disappoint you, Caramel, but your best friend allowed me to sleep here."

"This is ridiculous!"

"No, it sounds convenient for me, I mean for both of us."

"I have a boyfriend." I suddenly thought about my fake relationship with Raymond.

He laughed as if I just told him the funniest joke in the world. He slowly approached me and walked nearer towards me.

"That only worked for one time, Caramel," he caressed my cheek with the back of his knuckles.

"What do you mean?" I looked at him bewildered.

"I knew he is not more than a friend," he winked before continues, "I'm on top of everything but I want to hear it from you."

"And I told you, I don't have anything to tell you," I said through greeted teeth.

"I will wait."

"Just go back to your girlfriend, Miguel. What will she think if she knows you're here?"

"The girl that you saw is not my girlfriend." Now is my turn to laugh but it was humorless laughter.

"I'm not three years old kid, Miguel."

"But, you're acting like one with your stubborn attitude."

"Uhh, just go away. I'm tired." I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him till he was out of my room.

"I will let you rest for tonight. But, in case you change your mind after this, you're welcome to my room. I will sleep in the next room."

I didn't answer him instead I slammed the door but not before he stopped me once again and said something that caused me blushed.

"I loved to see your jealous face. Good night, Caramel." With that, he kissed my forehead before walking away to the next door leaving me bewildered.

*************************