Chapter 8

"Enjoy our feast this afternoon, my people!"

The feast was lively, the townspeople were clearly having fun, some were dancing to the joyful music, some were eating the foods served on the table, some were admiring the front of the palace, and some were doing who knows what.

Alfred was content as he looked around, his people were happy. He walked around and talked to some of the villagers, having a conversation about casual and other friendly things.

As he walked and looked around, he set his eyes on the certain person he was so eager to see and he'd been waiting for this afternoon.

"Artie!!!"

Alfred yelled as he waved his hands on Arthur, he was wearing a slightly wrinkled beige dress shirt that somehow managed to look neat, slack that goes well with his dress shirt and black shoes that looked polished.

Alfred stared at him for a few seconds before snapping out of it and running towards him.

"Artie!! You really came!" He said as he was jumping up and down from excitement, then he heard a cough on Arthur's back,

Alfred looked at the source of it and saw that his brothers had come as well.

"Oh, you guys also came!!"

He said enthusiastically as he also waved at the three who looked at him while slightly scowling.

His smile slipped a bit as he got nervous at the looks they gave him, did they have a grudge against him or something?

He then turned to Arthur again and smiled widely at him,

"Oh Artie, I'm so happy you came!! Enjoy the food you four, I'm sure you'll like it!"

He said, a little bit nervous when he glanced back at Arthur's older brothers as they continued scowling at him.

'Seriously, did I do something to offend them?' he thought.

Alfred then cleared his throat, "Soo yeah! Enjoy the feast!" He said, smiling widely at them, more specifically, at Arthur.

As the feast went on, Alfred kept following Arthur like a puppy, looking at him like he was the most interesting being in the feast and he also kept staring at him everytime he does something, asking him why he does this and that, and other things.

Arthur's brothers went in different directions, Dylan went to try out the foods and confectioneries, Allistair went to go meet his friends, and Seamus was somewhere doing God knows what.

Arthur couldn't help but feel awkward, everyone kept looking at them,

Dammit why was Alfred following him?!