Chapter 2

The meeting was finally over. Alfred had packed his things and attempted to walk out the room when a hand on his shoulder interrupted him.

"Privyet Alfred F. Jones, you are the new King of the Spades Kingdom, da? My Queen told me your name." A child-like voice asked right behind him.

Alfred turned around and saw a tall blond who smiled gently at him. "Err... Yes, yes I am." Alfred answered quite unnerved.

He didn't know why but the way the strange man was smiling made him shudder.

"Oh, My name is Ivan Braginsky! I am the Clubs Kingdom's King, you were talking to my Queen earlier, yes?" He asked another question with the same intonation as earlier.

How that kind of voice can come from the tall intimidating blond, Alfred will never cease to know the answer.

"Ah, Elizabeta Hedevary, right? Yes, I was talking to her earlier. Is there something wrong?" He asked, almost stuttering, almost.

Ivan's smile became wider, which resulted in him becoming even more nervous.

"Nyet, there is nothing wrong! I was just greeting you, you are the new King after all! I'm just having to tell you to do your best on being the King, I would hate a weak companion!" He answered, grinning.

Alfred furrowed his eyebrows, the intimidation he felt earlier disappeared.

"Are you implying something by that?" He asked, mildly offended.

"Oh no no, I was just wanting to tell you that there's a chance for us to be Trading Partners! Well, see you at the next meeting!" The taller man giggled as he walked past Alfred, who thought.

'Wow, what a strange guy..' He then called out to Yao, who was speaking to Roderich, the Ace of the Kingdom of Diamonds.

"Let's head home now, Yao!"

He called, and the said Jack bowed goodbye to his companion and followed Alfred until they reached their carriage for the ride back to their respective kingdom.

After getting off his carriage with Yao and entering his palace, Alfred headed towards his room and took a bath, then changing his clothes for the night.

While he was getting ready for his nightly slumber, certain thoughts invaded his mind.

'A Queen huh...' Alfred thought.

There wasn't anyone that caught his eye right now. Well, there's that one girl though, Yao's younger sister named Mei.

He'd see her often, whenever she visits his Jack, he had even talked to her before. She's friendly, kind, and also attractive. She basically checked the qualities of a good queen, but the only problem was she really didn't interest the blond at all.

After a few hours had passed, Alfred soon got tired of thinking about the possible choices for his Kingdom's Queen.

He could not just simply pick one! There wasn't anyone who interested him, there wasn't EVEN anyone he knew that would be a possible choice! So how would he be able to find his queen?!

But then, Alfred realized.

"Wait, why am I even thinking about this?!" He asked himself loudly.