Chapter 9

It's been a few weeks since they met, they've become really close.

It was the same everyday, Alfred would visit Arthur and help him and his brothers fish, sometimes, the two of them wander around the town, talking to each other about many things,

Arthur would teach Alfred about common things that he cannot understand as he was a royalty, Alfred would tell his own stories, they would have lunch together at Arthur's house with Alistair and the others.

Even his older brothers got used to Alfred suddenly knocking on their door or fishing with them, or coming inside their house without hesitation.

The harsh treatment towards Alfred had also been solved, they'd even joke around with him, or encourage him whenever they go fishing, they've also stopped calling him "your highness" when Alfred told them to, and other things.

Yao would also ask him where he usually went, and Alfred's answer were always the same,

"I'm going to visit my friend, Arthur!" Then he would hurriedly say,

"I'll be back before evening, take care of the palace for me!"

And then he'd run eagerly, clearly excited to go to this friend of his, and would come back at MIDNIGHT what the fuck who stays that long, his previous promise forgotten.

Yao was still not used to this behaviour of him, ofcourse, but since there wasn't anything wrong he just let Alfred do whatever he wants.

Everything was well for them, there weren't anything new nor anything unusual, everything was... Normal.

They're at their usual spot on the sea, fishing as they usually do, Seamus was taking care of the buckets and the fishes that's inside while the rest of them fished.

Dylan was dozing off, Alistair beside him catching a fish.

On the other side of the boat, there sat Arthur, who was patiently waiting for his bait to move, and Alfred beside him, who was waiting impatiently.

He turned to Arthur, who groaned internally, already knowing what Alfred would do.

"Iggyy!!! It's been an hour, my bait still isn't moving!!" Alfred complained, as usual.

"Shut up and just keep waiting, Alfred! Don't be too impatient!" Arthur said, looking at Alfred, annoyed.

Alistair shouted despite their distance not being that far,

"You need to be patient, lad. And don't be like this one idiot beside me-" he hit Dylan's head to stop his daydream, "-who don't pay attention to his bait and making fishes escape him."

He finished as Dylan huffed beside him, then went back to fishing.

Alfred went back to his rod, then his head suddenly lit up, as if remembering something, then he looked at Arthur again happily.

"Hey, after this, would you like to go to the palace?" He asked as he watched Arthur almost drop his rod, clearly caught off guard.

"D-don't surprise me like that!" Arthur exclaimed,

"Well?"