Chapter 20

Arthur gaped like a fish.

"You're a what?!" He asked/exclaimed, shocked and Francis smirked, "That's right, cher. I am a King and you are not! And it means that I have more power over you!" He bragged as he flipped his hair. He was crowned as the King of the Diamonds a few years after he went back to his home from his father's trip to the Spades, it was easy for him to adjust to everything as he was used to such etiquettes and manners.

The other merely stood there, too stunned to move or even breathe. He did not like the news he heard, not at all. It would mean-

"Does that mean you have more reason to mock me?" He asked cautiously, not ready to face the answer. Francis was amused, but slightly annoyed at how the revelation didn't make Arthur react how he wanted him to, "That's what you're worried about?! You're not even worried about the fact that I could send you to prison or do something worse than that since I'm holding such a  title?!"

Arthur snorted (cocaine I'm sry I'll stop-), "Ha, no. You can't do that, you're not from here." he stated confidently, keeping a stiff upper lip despite his small doubts, Francis can't really do that, can he?

Luckily for him, Francis didn't notice his doubts and huffed, rolling his eyes and shooing away the guards, who looked a bit confused but followed the orders anyway. Turning back to the smaller man, he asked. "How did someone like you meet King Alfred anyway? You two live such different worlds."

"And why would I have to tell you about that?" Arthur asked back, Francis just whined impatiently, thirsty for details.

Arthur rolled his eyes and finally told him the whole story to Francis, from the first time they met at the dock, to how they got closer to each other in a span of a month.

Francis laughed at him, "You threw a fish at him?! Arthur, your violence knows no bounds! You're lucky he's too kind to punish you!"

"I didn't know he was some kind of royalty, alright?! How should I know he was the bloody king, I didn't attend his coronation!" Arthur said defensively, crossing his arms to his chest.

Francis was about to speak again when he heard a classical music coming from the side, and looked around to see that everyone had turned to their partners and made a formation.

"Oh, it looks like the dance is about to start." Francis said absently and turned back to Arthur. Smirking for the umpteenth time, he held his hand. "Well, you have the permission to dance with someone as perfect as moi!"

Arthur frowned disgustedly. "There's no fucking way I would dance with you, frog." They stood awkwardly for a few moments, Francis not moving from his position, and Arthur finally answered, not wanting the others to start staring at them again. "My god, if it keeps you from embarrassing yourself then alright!" He said begrudgingly before taking his hand.

Grumbling, they started dancing. Arthur was still slightly nervous about it, he hoped he did not forget his lessons and accidentally step on Francis' foot every minute.

Arthur thought about it as he danced with Francis, he then smiled innocently and had a plan in mind.

...

"Your father certainly did not fail to raise you well! What a fine man you've become, Alfred!" A politician Alfred certainly failed to remember the name of complimented, but even to someone as dense as Alfred, it was obvious that he just wanted to be on his good side.

Alfred inwardly rolled his eyes, politics.

On the outside though, Alfred smiled brightly and shaked his hand. "Well, thank you for the compliment, sir. I'm grateful to have you all here." He said, out of politeness. He didn't want to seem rude to the man, no matter how obvious his intentions were.