Chapter 10

The palace looks spacious inside.

That's what Arthur's first thought was as they entered inside the palace. He knew that the palace was big, he attended the feast after all, but he didn't know that it was THIS spacious inside.

The palace had detailed pillars and mosaics.

There were different yet colorful ornaments were surrounding the walls, making the palace seem more lively, shiny floors were glazed with wax.

There were also alot of unique paintings he'd never seen before. As he stared in awe, a boy behind him spoke sternly.

"Who are you?!"

Arthur looked behind him immediately, startled.

"Arthur Kirkland." He introduced, almost stuttering.

The brown haired boy's hard gaze then left as he bowed.

"Oh, I assume that you're the person Alfred's always talking about? My name is Yao Wang, the Jack of this Kingdom." He introduced.

Alfred looked back at the two, just noticing Arthur's absence by his side.

"Oh, hey Yao! I see you've met Arthur!" He said cheerfully,

"I invited Iggy here because I'm gonna teach him how to play piano!"

"Oh, is that so?"

"Hmm! He'll learn the basics in no time with me teaching him!" Alfred said confidently.

Yao hummed and asked him.

"Uh-huh. Well, would you like for me to tell the chefs to prepare some snacks while you're having a lesson?"

"Oh, if you please. Just bring it to the music room once your done, also, bring a basket of cherry while you're at it!"

Alfred requested and glanced at his friend, who was slightly surprised, and grinned at him.

Yao looked at the two, mildly shocked at their exchange, and nodded slowly. "Right, I'll tell them now." He said and slowly walked to the kitchen.

"Okay, let's go now!" Alfred chirped as he took Arthur's wrists and dragged him upstairs.

...

As they were walking down the falls upstairs, they chatted animatedly.

Alfred was telling stories about the palace and the things he'd done here.

"Did you know that I once painted ALL of the walls as a prank?" Alfred asked happily and Arthur had to double take.