Chapter 15

The rulers of the Hearts were infront of their palace, Ludwig was taking care of his dogs and Kiku was just watching him with fondness. He continued sipping his earl grey, looking at the clear blue sky.

'It sure is peaceful today.' he thought.

He looked back at his King, who was kneeling at his dogs feeding and petting them. He may be stern and serious, but he sure had his soft side, Kiku chuckled under his breath at that thought.

He met Ludwig at a bakery, selling breads and other baked goods. Feliciano had introduced the former baker to him, saying that he and Feliciano were childhood friends.

You can say it was love at first sight, there was that spark when he felt Ludwig's rough hand grasp his soft ones as he introduced himself to Kiku while bowing. Ever since then, he, Ludwig and Feliciano had been together, whether it be at the town or at the Kingdom, he had always told Feliciano to always invite him and his Jack would grin and do as he was told.

He learned that despite his serious nature, Ludwig also had that one gentle spot for things such as animals, especially dogs. That was why he gifted him three dogs for his birthday, he asked Feliciano about it.

He can be amusing at times, only following manuals and orders which sometimes lead to things going wrong despite just following what was told. He would sigh and shake his head, muttering curses. He was also a clean freak, everytime Feliciano would do something dirty infront of them, he would yell and order him to be clean.

He had also told Feliciano about his feelings for his childhood friend, at first he was shocked, but then he laughed and encouraged him.

"Woah, really?! Ve~ Goodluck on that Kiku!"

He had also told about his plan on picking him as the Kingdom's King as he did not have one yet, Feliciano beamed at that revelation, saying that he'll get to see his friend more often.

Ludwig was uncertain, Kiku could see that on his eyes. He was also about to reject his offer when Kiku bowed at him, begging. He told him about his feelings for him, the other was shocked ofcourse, and told him that he would have to think about it first.

Kiku waited for a week, pacing on the halls, hoping Ludwig would feel the same way and accept his proposal. He was really happy when he accepted, he had almost jumped in joy when that moment happened, it meant that he felt the same way!

He prepared a grand feast, making sure everything was perfect for when Ludwig would finally become his King. Feliciano was also happy for him and yelled to the whole palace that his friend would finally have someone.

Kiku smiled at the memory with glee, then sipping his tea once again.

"Ve~! There's a letter from Spades, Ludwig, Kiku!" The cheery Jack of the Kingdom of Hearts shouted to their rulers, holding a neat looking letter with the initial of the Spades Kingdom's name printed in gold.

Kiku looked around to see the source of the voice and looked back at his King expectantly, chuckling a bit when Ludwig sighed at the Jack's antics, predictable as usual.

"Feliciano! I told you not to run!"

"Yes, yes! I apologize!" Feliciano said as he slowed down, now just walking towards the two. "The mailman sent this to our Kingdom!"

"Oh? What could this be..." Ludwig opened the letter and saw what it contained, and turned to Kiku to show him the letter.

"What is it?" Feliciano asked, curious.

"It's an invitation to a ball this week. King Alfred wants us to come, and maybe bring some other monarchies from this Kingdom as he wants to find a Queen for the Kingdom of Spades." Kiku explained, still looking at the letter. He folded the letter neatly and placed it back to the envelope, turning to his King, he asked him, his cheeks slightly red though it wasn't noticable.