I'll give you the Stars (YakuLev)

Day 5 of Haikyuu Angst Week 2020Tier 1, 2, & 3: Realizations, Star Disease & "Did you ever love me?"

-*-

Lev had always wondered why his heart would always beat fast when he's with Yaku. He never felt his heart beating erratically around the others except for Yaku. It wasn't similar to when his heart raced fast when he was called for recitation, nor is it the familiar palpitation he felt whenever he enters a haunted house. Lev had always wondered what it was, he never felt that way before, and it intrigued him.

"Hey, Yaku-san," Lev asked as he picks up the ball that rolled on the ground. They just finished a one on one training session, and they were cleaning up the gym. Lev was picking up the balls scattered on the wooden floor while Yaku rolled up the net.

"It better not be something stupid," Yaku answered instead of asking why Lev called out to him. Lev stared at the ball enclosed between his palms, eyes locked on the white, green, and red colors of Yaku's preferred ball.

"Have you ever felt your heart race when you're with someone?" Lev asked and turned towards Yaku, who was hugging the rolled-up net. His senpai raised an eyebrow at him and rolled his eyes.

"What kind of question is that?" Yaku responded and motioned for Lev to help him carry the net to the storage room. The silver-haired boy threw the molten into the ball cart before walking to help his senpai.

"I don't know, I just feel it sometimes," Lev answered with a shrug and lifted the net. Yaku lifted the other end and started walking towards the storage room while Lev trailed behind him. Yaku furrowed his brows and thought about the question before answering, "it happens when I'm excited,"

Lev hummed and nodded, "then I must be excited to see every day if that's what it means!" he beamed. Yaku paused unannounced, making the net bump into him when Lev didn't stop walking.

"What are you talking about?" Yaku asked with an irritated expression on his face. He didn't seem to mind that the net had hit him.

"My heart beats fast when I'm around you," Lev answered. The gym was filled with silence, and they both stared at each other. Lev could feel his heart beating faster again, and he still couldn't understand why.

"Yaku-san?" Lev asked when a full minute passed, and Yaku didn't answer him. Yaku sighed and shook his head, "stop,"

"What? Why?" Yaku ignored him and continued to walk to the storage room. Lev kept on pestering Yaku to answer him, but his senpai just blatantly ignored him.

They were done tidying up the gym, and Lev kept his mouth shut the entire time. He kept thinking about his reply to see what was wrong with it, but nothing comes to mind. Lev continued to ponder his thoughts and sighed when he thought that he'd rather have Yaku kick his shin or his back rather than be given the cold shoulder. It was just the both of them occupying the wide empty gym, and the silence was killing Lev.

"Come on, we're done, wait for me outside," Yaku said, and Lev nodded as an answer. As much as he wanted to run his mouth, he chose to remain silent because he didn't want to say something that'll make Yaku continue giving him the cold shoulder.

Lev stood outside of the gym door and stared up at the sky, the stars looked pretty, and it made him feel happy that he's walking home with Yaku under the pretty stars. Lev could hear Yaku closing the door before hearing footsteps slowly approach him. He looked down beside him and saw Yaku standing beside him.

"Let's go. It's getting late," Yaku said and turned his back on Lev. The latter didn't waste any minute and decided to take long strides to catch up with Yaku.