Read This Before You Start!

So this entire fic takes inspiration from this one photo on the internet:

It's Kiwi and his goth girlfriend! I absolutely adore this photo, and I thought it might be a pretty good visual to start this book off with

Lore
As for the story itself, it'll take place where every human is born with bird wings of all different types. They're all going to be the same species of course, but everyone's wings resemble those of a different species of bird. (Ex. if Pete Wentz had the wings of a bluejay) Now keep in mind, these wings won't replace their arms as they would with a normal bird, they'll simply be on their back. They'll still have their human arms. ALSO, and this will come in handy later, every one of them has night vision. Every. Single. One. That information will be helpful for the first chapter.

This also takes place in a fantasy world, so lots of things are made up in terms of creatures. Don't be surprised when you see mentions of gryphons, dragons, unicorns (for Mikey's sake), phoenixes, etc.

As for terminology, here are some words I'll inform you of while reading (if you didn't know them already. I'm sure most of you did).

Aviation: this term relates to the practice of flight. In terms of birds and bird-humans, it'll be the act of flying.

Purebred: This is when two members of the same species are bred with similar traits in hopes of getting a child with more prominent traits. (Ex. if Gerard's parents both had dark black crow wings, and they had Gerard who had even darker wings) Now for this book, since we're obviously dealing with humans, they aren't breeding just to have babies, they actually fall in love with each other. It's a process of course. So most pure breeding that happens is mostly by coincidence, the parents already having been in love.

Behavioral
This is kind of a silly one to imagine and have to address, but no, just because they have bird wings does not mean they will start acting like birds all of a sudden. They're not going to lay eggs or chirp or throw up in each other's mouths and shit. That would be horrific. This isn't going to be some messed up weird fanfiction okay, it's completely normal being that the only difference is that they have wings.

My Other Stories
If you have read this note and decided that this story won't really be your cup of tea, I have other ones you can totally try. If you look on my profile you'll see the other ones. There are two of them, both complete, ranging from about 20-30 chapters. PLEASE read the summaries first however, because I really don't want you to jump right into the book and then start complaining about the plot of it.

Anyways, thank you guys so much for sticking with me and reading my stories! It means a lot and it makes this hobby really so much more enjoyable. I love you all. Enjoy. XX