Freedom - Chapter Fourty

Before they can go after Jason I slit their throats. I grab the key off the door handle and retie the knot. I hand it back to Jason. "I told you to be careful with it."

"I'm trying. But thanks for, you know, taking care of the guards." I nod. "Yeah... Just please try to be more careful. Please." He slips the rope over is head and continues. As we walk I whisper to him, "If we come across any guards kill them. We don't want to take any chances." He nods. "How are you going unnoticed?" He asked quietly. "I'll explain later. Right now just focus on moving quickly and quietly." I reply not wanting to explain my powers yet.

We come across few guards, which we all kill quickly. As we get approach the dorm is see guards banging on the door. We quickly run over behind them. I slit ones throat while Jason kills the other. I quickly unlock the door and we step inside. I quickly lock it again. Melissa runs over and hugs me. "I was worried sick! What were you doing?!" She said. "Well... Uh..." I look to Jason for help.

"Well She saved me a couple time, killed a few people, told me that the Bloody Mary, she's Princess Free and had a mental break down where she killed like 30 bad dudes." He said. I walked over to him, slapped him, then hugged him. "Dumb ass." I whispered in his ear. Then I let go. I was probably very red. "Hey! What did I do?" He asked. "I had told you specifically not to tell Melissa!" I said. "Oh yes! One last thing! She called me good looking." I slapped his arm playfully. Melissa was staring at me. I say down on the couch. "I'm sorry Melissa. I didn't want you to think of me as a murderer." Melissa sat down beside me. "I don't think of you as a murderer. I think of you as a person with a very sad story." Jason sat on the other side of me. "That's what I said." I elbowed him. "No it's not! You didn't say anything. You just sat with me and watched me kill people. Which was probably the best thing to do at the time." He shrugged. "Same thing."

I notice a dagger sitting on the table. "Melissa is that yours?" I asked pointing at the dagger. "Yeah. Why?" She says. "Do you know how to use it?" She frowns. "Not really." I smile. "Do you want me to teach you how to use it?" I ask. "Yes!" She say excitedly. "Then let's go to the gym. They have dummy's there."

"Wait. Before you go could you explain how you always went unnoticed?" Jason say as I stand up. Shit. "Ok so you can't hate me for this. Promise?" They all nod. I take a deep breath. "Well most people on my family are born with powers. Some more powerful than others. Well I can go unnoticed until I want people to know I'm there, I'm immune to other magic, and can see through perception fields. My powers are getting stronger and I'm developing more that I don't know of yet. I was born this way." Melissa looked fascinated, Jason looked like he knew it all along and Angel, well I wasn't sure what she looked like. "So your like them?" Angel said. "No! They were gifted, cursed or stole their power. I was born with mine. I'm on your side!" I said offended. "Sorry that just what it sounded like." Angel said defensively. "Well let's go. You and Melissa need to learn to defend yourselves." Before I go any where Angel asks, "How many people did you kill?" I stare at her in shock. "You don't need to know that. They were evil people who would have killed us. That's all you need to know." I said.

I suddenly remember what mom taught me about giving someone part of your power and that we only have one perception field. I walk over to Jason. "Let me see your hand." I say. He lifts up his hand. I gentle grip his wrist with my right hand. My hands start to glow. With my left hand I runny fingers over his skin, I trailed up his arm and shoulder, up his neck and stopped on his forehead. His skin glowed where I touched him. He was staring at me the whole time. Then then I just let go. "What did you just do?" He asked calmly. "I gave you a very small amount of my power. It will get stronger over time." I smiled slightly. "So I won't need this anymore?" He said holding up the key. "No you won't." He hands the key to me. I walk over to Angel and hand the key to her. "If we want to get to the gym safely you'll need this. But still stay with us." She nods. "Melissa you just need to stay touching me. Like when we left the cafeteria." She nods and grabs her dagger. I turn to Jason who was still staring at me. "Just think that your invisible to others. Make your self go unnoticed. Then just act normal. Don't make any loud noises like with the perception field." I turn to everyone. "I apologize I advance for the dead body's in the hall ways."