Angel - Chapter Ninety Three

All eyes fell on me. I got stiff all over. They were right. Yet, I knew I wanted to say something, but in the back of my brain it always tugged the words back. I believe that part is my childhood. I've held on to for so long that it guides me. It is me. Parents that I loved so much. Parents that brought me here.

I open my mouth to say the words that I have been holding back. But, pain in my leg makes me close my mouth. I look at my leg and saw a arrow in it. I fell to the floor with a thud and I saw people stampeding out. Guards started toward them all and took out their swords. I looked behind me and saw that Sam was the one who shot the arrow.

"Why-" I started.

"We needed you to stop talking to them. You said that you only left to say goodbye, but that was longer than expected."

I gripped my leg and looked back at him. I wasn't sure what to say. I was still stuck.

"Sorry." I mange to say. I lay down on the grass and place my head down. My mind still in a frenzy. I looked up and saw the others killing the guards. I get up slightly and reach for them. But, is knocked down by another arrow in my other leg. I let out a struggled gasp and fall back down.

Guards come by my sides and carry me. Now my vision was hazy.

'Please. Run.' I thought. The doors closed behind me and I passed out.