Ashes - Chapter 123

-The day after the Imprisonment of Angel and her gang and the freedom of the Frozen kids-

Freedom, Jason, and I were lined up on the outside of the school. The other students in a large mass before us. Professors at our sides. The principal starts his speech. "We want to thank the three of you for saving this school. Along with your other friends. We couldn't be more grateful. Now, your awards." A man came forward, holding a pillow with three medals on it. "For Princess Freedom, we award you the medal of trustworthiness. For Prince Jason, we award you the medal of bravery," he finally walks in front of me with a medal in his hands. "For Princess Ashes, we award you the medal of faithfulness." He pulls it over my neck and I look at it in awe. The crowd erupts with applause. Suddenly, the medals glow and a red aura lifts me into the air. I look and the same and happened to Jason and Freedom. Blue surrounded Freedom and Green surrounded Jason. I close my eyes for a moment, and realize I'm back on the ground. The crowd looks at us with disbelief. I look down and my hair was curled and my appearance had changed. I was now in a bright red dress with ruffles. It happened to the others too. "Did we forget to mention they were magic?" The principal says with a smile. The teachers come behind us and put crystal emblem necklaces on us. Only mine was double. I looked at the principal. He smiled and I knew what he meant.

"Hey guys, I'll be right back." I whisper to them. I walk away and over to Melissa's grave. I start to sing our lullaby. The one she had sung to Freedom. I took off the extra crystal and placed in to the grave. "Love you." Jason came up behind me.

"You okay?" I wipe away a tear.

"Yeah, she's happier. Thank you for everything. For showing me all this."

"It's what friends are for." I smiled at him.