Angel - Chapter 104

I lay on the floor holding the area that Ashes stabbed. Why am I not dead? I know I deserve it. But why isn't it here.

I want to die. I want to live.

I shake my head. The pain hits me when I do so. I hear the door open and someone gasp. A women in a nurses outfit helps me up. She is part of the group. She covers up the wound and puts me back in the bed.

I wait for her to get out to start crying and screaming. I was so lost. So much...so much. I throw a pillow against the wall in fury. The tears run down my clothes as I kept on screaming. I couldn't handle it. All of it. I wasn't sure what i really wanted.

A world of freedom. Or a world without pain. I started to sob more as I thought about it. Finally I fell on the bed lifeless. Not moving a itch. Just staring at the cover of my mothers diary. I reach for it weakly and let my fingers touch the cover.

I never really did read it. All this time, won't you think I would read it. I flip to the end and let me eyes gaze upon it.
*****
Dear Diary, why am I not dead? Death is what I want. Death is what I need. Why isn't it here yet? At night I wonder it. It haunts my dreams and mind. Now, I know why.

People live because they have a purpose. A purpose that must be fulfilled. I think that I'm not dead because of that. There was something I must do in order to leave earth.
****
Why did my mother want to die? I thought but I remember her words. There was a purpose I have to do before I die. I wonder what it is? But, is it worth seeing the onslaught of people. I'm not sure.

(I actually found the last part of Angels mother's diary in a book called Racing in the rain)