Angel - Chapter Fifty Three

I look at Melissa and my heart breaks. I glance at the man, to revel his name is Lance.

"Melissa. I'm sorry, but this is my choice." I said somberly.

Lance handed me a sword. I looked in his eyes and could tell I was hurting. But, I'll have my mother and father to guide me." And this choice I will fulfill. So, it's better that you guys back off."

I point the sword at her." Or your going to get yourself hurt." I narrowed my eyes and said it strictly. I want them to run so we can't hurt them. I want to have a equal place, but I'm going to convince them to stop trying to hurt them. It's weird. It's like I'm not on anyone's side.

"Angel..." Melissa said with hurt in her eyes.

"Please. Don't interfere. It's better if you don't." Guards come out behind us and grab Melissa.

I look at Lance and whisper," Make her go to sleep and put her with her friends ok?" He nods at my idea.

"Cover her eyes and mouth. Bring her to her friends." The guards nod and Melissa fights.

"Why are you doing this Angel! I thought we can trust you!"

'You can.' I thought. I couldn't bring myself to say it. They finally pin Melissa down and she falls asleep. Again, magic.

'I'm so sorry.' I thought.