Ashes - Chapter Eighty Eight

I hear a sudden thud. I look over and Freedom had a dagger in one hand and she was passed out on the ground with blood staining her arm. "FREEDOM!" I run over and first put the dagger away from her. Just in case she woke up. Jason ran over next to me. "What? Why?" I look at him. Panic striking my face.

"I-I don't know." He says it as truthfully as I know he can.

"We have to do something." I look over at the castle. Where Angel still stood. "You have to do something. I will be right back." I don't take my eyes off of Angel. I grab my sword again. I didn't care what conversation I was intruding on. "Hey! Angel!" She looks over at me. "You are a dead Princess."

"What?" She looks at me with confusion. I move out of the way to show Freedom.

"This was you. Just as you killed Melissa. You almost force death among another. Good for us there is still a pulse." Horror crosses her face. "Now, call this off! Let the others go and leave here forever. Or I will kill you." Ariana gets between us. "Move" I hiss.

"No. This is my family and you aren't hurting her."

"Family or not, she deserves to jump down a hole and die for what's she's done. She's a traitor and you know it. Accept it now. It will be helpful later."