13. New Beginning

"Leave?" Leandra asks.

"We can't let the wise ones find out about our baby. We need to find a way to be free of them for good." Mitace says, soothing Leandra.

"But at what cost Mitace?"

"Are you willing to put our child's life at risk to find out right now?"

"But isn't that being selfish?"

"Leandra, it is scary for all of us. The wise ones getting angry at us is something we cannot afford but you are from above, and our friends. We do not want to see you hurt either." Naomi admits to Leandra.

"I am so sorry. You are our friends, and we could have made things very hard for you. I think it might be better if we do leave." Leandra sighs, rubbing her little bump.

While Leandra is packing her things for the trip ahead Naomi is fighting with Leandra about things she might need along the way. Suddenly, a gust of wind blows all the candles out.

"Oh, no. Hang on, I'll start a fire to get them all lit again." Naomi is startled when an orb of light appears, lighting up the space better than a dozen candles. She gasps "Where did that come from?"

"I...I think I did it." Leandra stammers. "I don't know how. I desperately wanted to light the room for you and the light appeared."

"Leandra, you are a wise one too?"

"No, I am not a wise one. This can't be."

"This is the magic the wise ones wield, is it not?"

"I didn't know they had magic."

"Or maybe this is why you are kept in your world to contain this power."

"Mitace, look! I think I have magic and I think you do, too."

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't think the wise ones have been controlling the weather. I think you have been."

"What are you talking about?"

"Every time the weather has gotten really bad, you have been angry."

A loud crack thunders above the house making them all cringe. Mitace gets annoyed. "You are trying to blame this on me?" Another crack of thunder hits, rumbling the ground.

Leandra gets an idea and launches forward towards Mitace, covering his mouth with hers. Wrapping her arms around him, she kisses Mitace hard, drawing out his lust for her. Quickly, the thunder and lightning subside, and the sky begins to clear.

Shocked Naomi and David look at Mitace who is lost in his kiss with Leandra.

Leandra breaks the kiss, bringing Mitace around with her. He clears his throat when he notices the attention they have gotten.

David is the first to speak. He lifts the curtains to show Mitace out the window. "Look the storm cleared up very quickly." he says, knowingly showing Mitace who is still in denial.

"Not you too David?" he asks, looking quite wounded by David's actions toward him.

"I think Leandra is right. I think you have the same powers the wise ones do. While up there on neutral ground you have no powers, but once down here the balance is off, letting your magic run wild. If you can change the weather or produce a ball of light just from your emotions imagine the things your people could do to this land with such powers." Daniel says cautiously edging away from Mitace.

"Are you really that afraid of me David?"

"If you don't know what you can do then you could do most anything without realizing it Mitace. You can't blame me for wanting to be cautious."