8. strange object (Aiden)

I wake abruptly, feeling so sick I could vomit. At that precise moment I notice Luc hovering over me. Startled, I shoot up. My heart is racing. "Is everything all right?" I ask, trying to get my bearings.

"Sorry to wake you like this, but you have to see this."

Quickly, I move to my feet, lacing my black leather boots and tucking in my thick white shirt into my brown leather pants.

The sun is only starting to rise. Most of the surrounding area is still engulfed in a thick fog. The smell of the morning mildew is strong and covers the space, giving the area a chill. Slowly, Luc leads me to a small moss-covered mound not too far from camp.

"What is this? You woke me up for a mound?"

"No, it looks like one but it's not."

We move around it to find a small opening.

"What is that?" I ask.

"I don't know, I was scouting the area last night but when I went up the top of what I thought was a mound to get some height, my foot slipped and a strip of moss came off. I got down to have a closer look and found under it was a strange metal. I ran to Nathaniel but Mac told me they had left hours before, so I asked Mac to see if he had any ideas. We stripped more moss off until a large enough section revealed a strangely shaped door."

"Well?"

"We still have no idea. It looks like a metal house, come see."

Luc leads me to the part they have freed of moss and opens the door. Inside it smells damp and moldy and of something else that is far from pleasant, but unlike anything I have ever smelled before.

"Isn't it a bit small for a house?" I move forward, peaking my head further inside.

"This entire thing is made of metal. The number of weapons and armor you could get out of this is incredible."

"Let's take shifts uncovering this whole thing."

"We were hoping you would say that." Luc says gleefully.

For the rest of the day, we remove the moss to uncover the object hiding underneath.

"Reina has been gone for quite a while do you think she is alright?" Mac asks.

"She is with Nathaniel. I'm sure they are fine. We did say if they go far to turn back when the sun hits the topmost point, if they did, they should not be back for another two hours yet." I say trying to defuse his worries.

The object is completely uncovered now. It looks like a small home, with a small, long bed in the back and two chairs in the front.